“Great place for lunch”

The Italian Deli & Market
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Italian Deli has been in operation for 19 years serving the best Italian sandwiches, salads, soups, and pizza to the locals of Marco Island. We also have a fine selection of domestic and imported meats, cheeses, grocery items, and homemade "Heat & Eat" prepared foods. We currently serve SW Florida's BEST thin crust pizza four nights a week (Wed-Sat) from 4 to 8.30. In addition, we sell pizza by the slice at lunch (11:30-2). Our hours are as follows: Lunch: Monday through Friday from 9AM to 2PM. We also are open 4 nights a week :Wednesday through Saturday from 4.00 Pm to 8.30 Pm.We also cater for any style of event. (Also doing business under "Arturo's Deli Express")NOTE: We have very limited seating, our business is mostly take out.
Bradford, Massachusetts
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I liked everything about this place. It's tiny with only a few tables. The guy taking our order was really nice and helpful. I got a slice of Sicilian and a slice of cheese. The Sicilian was the better of the two. My wife got a Caprese sandwich that she loved. I loved it, too, because it was too big for just her and I got to eat her leftovers.

1 Thank gameface23

Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Heroes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a tiny deli and market, but don't let that put you off. The heroes were a great deal at around $7.00 and so big, I could only eat 1/2 of it for dinner. I ordered the Italian with "assorted Italian cold cuts, fresh roasted peppers, lettuce, tomatoes and a splash of vinaigrette". I also got fresh mozzarella on it....FANTASTIC! We ordered 2 antipasto salads as well. At $12.95, one was really enough for 3 people as a side salad, but the price was a bit outrageous. I would skip this in the future. The owner was very nice, very efficient and made us feel like he cared a great deal about the food he is offering. I wish we had time to try the pizza...next year this will be a must.

Marco Island, Florida
“pizza is real good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

in my opinion they serve the best pizza on the island. they are open monday-saturday from 11-2 and they serve pizza wednesday-saturday 4-9. if you go for lunch try the meatball sub it is always satisfying.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank jaroli
“Best slice on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Ironically located right next door to the most overpriced, least flavorful and most popular pizzeria on Marco, this small Brooklyn style Italian deli gets props for serving delicious pizza with an actual tomato sauce (most pizzas on Marco are heavy on cheese , bread, oregano and grease but are lacking the sauce..), as well as fresh basil and toppings, all at a good price. The place seems to be operating under the radar (took me ten years to find out about it) so I wanted to write a review to support it.. It deserves more business. Every time I crave a slice, this is the place I go. I'm a New Yorker myself so I definitely have standards for my pizza, and this place does it right.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Lunch Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had been looking for pasta sauce other than in the jar and came across the Italian Deli and decided to have lunch. The Deli is small and cramped, but the outdoor seating was comfortable. Looking for something light, my wife and I opted for the Italian Wedding soup and the house salad. Because my wife prepares this soup at home, I could tell it was home made. (They change their soup daily.) The salad was crisp and cold and the dressing was flavorful. However, the best part was the own sent us two slices of his thin crust cheese pizza. What a treat! The crust was fresh tasting as was the tomato sauce. The pizza was garnished with bits of fresh basil. We will be back for the pizza.