“Bad Service and Poor Value”
Review of Sale E Pepe

Sale E Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale E Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Ave.
Marco Island FL
“Bad Service and Poor Value”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Visited Sale E Pepe for a second time last week. Our first experience (a year ago) was marked by very poor service. We gave the restaurant a second chance and were very disappointed. We will not return. They automatically add 20% for service to the bill. As a result, the service is bad at best. They are slow and inattentive. We asked to discuss this with the manager but he seemed as if he could not have cared less. They are very alloof and disconnected.

The food is excellent but was overpriced. Better options elsewhere on Marco Island.

• Visited February 2011
stoevm, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please know that your concerns have been addressed with the service staff and the restaurant manager. We pride ourselves on professional customer service, which is one reason why we have been so successful over that last decade. Marco Beach Ocean Resort is a 4 star property and with keeping to the industry standard we do have an 18% service charge. I apologize that you did not receive the personalized attention that you deserve. I hope that you will give Sale e Pepe the opportunity to make your next dining experience remarkable.

Downers Grove, IL
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We ate here Thanksgiving night in 2010. It is a lovely room -- the atmosphere couldn't have been better, The service was lackluster -- I find this oftens happens when it's automatically added to the bill as the servers have no incentive to deliver great service. The food was quite good, but two nights later we ate at Davinci's and had better food for a lot less money. My husband ordered the Thanksgiving turkey special and did not enjoy it at all. It was overpriced for what we got and I felt we were paying for the atmosphere and not the food. Which some people may find acceptable, but I guess I prefer better food.

• Visited November 2010
stoevm, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Your comments are greatly appreciated. I personally apologize for the service you received on Thanksgiving. Please understand that holiday crowds can be challenging to a restaurant. We have reviewed our holiday service system and have made the necessary changes to ensure that our service level is never compromised. We take great pride in our service and strive to exceed all of our guest expectations. I hope that you will return to Sale e Pepe to experience our signature Northern Italian Cuisine.
Florida
“Plan your dinner for a sunset toast”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We found Sale E Pepe here on tripadvisor. We wanted Italian and a nice view. This was the perfect romantic dinner. Be advised , an 18% gratuity is added to your bill.

We arrived just before Sunset and sat on the terrace. Earlier I did make reservations, I got a recording and left a message with my info. When we arrived they had no record of my message or reservation. But this didn't hamper getting a great seat, as the restaurant was not busy. It was a little hard to find from the main entrance to the restaurant. You have to drive to the right of the resort, and you can go in the parking garage or past that to the pull in, where valet service is available. I had the 3 course fixed price offering, which has dozens of choices. Everything was great. I had sea scallops, the pasta with a meat sauce, we had the stuffed portabello, and several of the wines. Service was fantasitc and happy hour goes till 6, so we saved perhaps $35 on the wine. Total bill for two was around $100. A great view, a great meal and great service.

Laconia, New Hampshire
“So nice we ate there twice”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

The menu is very enticing, the setting most pleasant, especially outside, and the food fulfilled the promise. Tasty, well presented and well cooked. Can especially recommend the mussels app and the scallop app. Pasta dishes fresh with just the right amount of sauce. Lemonciello dessert was better than perfect. Service (mostly from eastern Europe) was correct, friendly, at just the right pace. The only negative was the arrogant maitre D'. On a four night visit, we liked our dinner so much that we ate there twice. The special of app, entre, dessert for $35 was a great value as well.

Atlanta
“Best meal of trip, best value.”
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Wonderful place, fabulous service and best value for Upscale dining. Our 16 yr old had salmon and said it was best he ever had. Husband had gnocchi and appreciated the smaller sized pasta they use/make. I had the scallops with carmelized onions in sauce as a starter and the ribbon pasta w veal ragout sauce. Both of my dishes were terrific. The homeade breads served with oil, balsamic vinegar and parmasean cheese was perfect. If you appreciate good well prepared food, visit this restaurant.