“I would read this before you go”
Review of Sale E Pepe

Sale E Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale E Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 122 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Ave.
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I'm very disappointed. I expected great service and amazing food. Sadly it was not. To start I called the night before to see if in fact you could not wear denim and they said no you must have more formal clothes denim or beach attire is not allowed. So when my family and I sat down in more formal outfits we were surprised to see people walking around in denim (not even appropriate for a restaurant) and what most people consider beach clothes. Next once we were seated. Six minutes passed until they brought menus or asked for drink orders. There had only been two other families there. We then waited 10minutes so they could bring three cokes, a beer, and some horrible pino grio. It then took another 20minutes until they asked if we would like to order an appetizer. Once that was ordered, it was another 20minutes until that arrived. Not only that but they did not even fill my wine glass I had to do it myself all but once... when it first got here is the only time they filled it. Once we finished our appetizer we waited for an hour no one even stopped to look at us. It then took another twenty minutes until anyone came to our table to ask if we needed anything. Of course we ordered it took them 40 minutes to provide us with our order. I hoped that with the wait the food would be marvelous. It was okay wasn’t great but okay. I think their accents helped distract how bad the service was. At some point they asked my husband if he would like some wine, and he said "no I would just like some vodka." to which the man returns with “oh you must be Russian." If it was a joke it wasn’t very funny. The atmosphere well it had a wonderful setting personally I didn’t like people getting up and taking pictures but, it was definitely gorgeous the only thing I didn’t like is on the terrace the chairs were most comfortable so much so as do leave marks on my leg. I'm pretty positive I won't be coming here again, but if I do it’s because I’m forced for I have no interest going to a place where the service is horrible or where the food isn’t great. I hope this helped in some way.

Reviewed March 5, 2010

I called ahead of time and asked if special dietary requests would be a problem and I was assured it would not be. When we ordered I asked our waiter if he could ask the chef if a certain item on the menu could be made without the ingredients that I can't eat. The waiter said he would check and he came back and assured me no problem. The trouble was he looked like he was lying and I went and asked the hostess if she could check with the chef. The chef who was wonderful came out and said no it could not be made that way and that the waiter had never asked him. He told me he could make me a special meal without the ingredients.
The food was good, priced really high for what was served and the 18% tip that is automatically added on was really annoying under the circumstances. If I was the restaurant I would have deducted at least a portion of my meal since the waiter lied and put my health in jeopardy. The manager was aware of the problem because the chef told him.

Reviewed March 5, 2010

We wnet to this place today for lunch. It looks like it was designed by Carmella Soprano, has a hushed atmosphere like a religious shrine. Servicd impeccable, food quite ordinary, fairly priced but boring. In a place whjich is fundamentally understated it is a com,ical farce. Much better food at less formal places.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

My wife enjoyed looked forward to a great Valentine's Day dinner. The food did not disappoint but the service was poor at best from beginning to end. Slow, inattentive and then an 18% mandatory gratuity for a party of 2.

The mushroom soup and veal ravioli were outstanding...so the food was great and the service was to be endured, not enjoyed,

Reviewed January 30, 2010

This is our favorite restaurant. The food is so well prepared and the attention to detail is the best this side of the "pond". The restaurant has the atmosphere of a fine New York CIty establishment and the chef is a treasure. We continually bring our family and friends and Sale E Pepe is always on their request list. The service is efficient and friendly. We would highly recommend this fine restaurant to anyone who appreciates fine food.