“Bad waiter and over priced”
Review of Sale E Pepe

Sale E Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale E Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Ave.
MN
“Bad waiter and over priced”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I called ahead of time and asked if special dietary requests would be a problem and I was assured it would not be. When we ordered I asked our waiter if he could ask the chef if a certain item on the menu could be made without the ingredients that I can't eat. The waiter said he would check and he came back and assured me no problem. The trouble was he looked like he was lying and I went and asked the hostess if she could check with the chef. The chef who was wonderful came out and said no it could not be made that way and that the waiter had never asked him. He told me he could make me a special meal without the ingredients.
The food was good, priced really high for what was served and the 18% tip that is automatically added on was really annoying under the circumstances. If I was the restaurant I would have deducted at least a portion of my meal since the waiter lied and put my health in jeopardy. The manager was aware of the problem because the chef told him.

“ostentatious, boring, mediocre”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We wnet to this place today for lunch. It looks like it was designed by Carmella Soprano, has a hushed atmosphere like a religious shrine. Servicd impeccable, food quite ordinary, fairly priced but boring. In a place whjich is fundamentally understated it is a com,ical farce. Much better food at less formal places.

Marco Island FL
“Great food, poor service”
Reviewed February 14, 2010

My wife enjoyed looked forward to a great Valentine's Day dinner. The food did not disappoint but the service was poor at best from beginning to end. Slow, inattentive and then an 18% mandatory gratuity for a party of 2.

The mushroom soup and veal ravioli were outstanding...so the food was great and the service was to be endured, not enjoyed,

Naples, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italy on Marco Island”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

This is our favorite restaurant. The food is so well prepared and the attention to detail is the best this side of the "pond". The restaurant has the atmosphere of a fine New York CIty establishment and the chef is a treasure. We continually bring our family and friends and Sale E Pepe is always on their request list. The service is efficient and friendly. We would highly recommend this fine restaurant to anyone who appreciates fine food.

Miami, Fl
“Overrated, overpriced, poor inattentive service, great view of Gulf of Mexico.”
Reviewed August 5, 2008

If you don't speak with their wine steward (sommelier), they lose interest very quickly. As a matter of fact, we had to beg to have our water and tea glasses refilled despite the fact there was no one else in the restaurant.

They didn't offer us coffee or after dinner drinks and almost were arrogant. To think that a restaurant patron could partake in their Italian cuisine without ordering a few botttles of wine.

What about an entree described as Mussels and Spaghetti that does not mention shrimp (to which I am highly alllergic) and then having to send it back for other seafood. What nerve. They did us a favor. Salads at $11-$13, entrees at $25-$35 and we got lousy service. Bad economy? Their attitude, who cares.

Culinary specialists do not automatically make for hospitable and reasonable treatment of restaurant patrons.
Who is in charge??

We won't go back, would you?

4 Thank Steve F