“All Around Awesome!”
Review of Sale E Pepe

Sale E Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale E Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Ave.
Marco Island, Florida
“All Around Awesome!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a great dinner at Sale e Pepe. The height of the tourist season just ended and we celebrated with a special dinner. It was a top notch experience all around. Except for the fabulous view at sunset, we felt like we were in a terrific, big city, 5-star venue. Loads of fun and simply delicious.

• Visited April 2014
Vessy T, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to Sale e Pepe. We can’t say enough how much your review means to us.
We can’t wait to have you again for another "Sale e Pepe Experience".

Naples, Florida
“Eat here if you like weird combinations...”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This restaurant is known as one of the top restaurants on Marco. I don't know if it's because of the price, the ambience or just because people want to be seen there -- because it's not for the food.

My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. We were told we couldn't be seated on the terrace because it was fully booked. When we got there, it was half full and remained as such during our time there.

We were led to our table and given the menu. It's not often this happens, but I struggled to find something that I wanted to order on the menu. Everything had something that just didn't work for me. For example, there was a tomato soup as a starter for $18. Okay, they put a piece of lobster in it (I don't know the size), but really...

Then they had a Black Angus steak. I asked the waiter how it was raised. Hello?? Am I the first one to care about what I'm putting into my body? She came back and told me it was grass fed and corn finished. Yummy, American GMO corn. I don't think so. Next...

There was Chilean Sea Bass on the menu for $58. Not sure about the mercury content of that one. Funny, here I'm sitting with the Gulf right out the the window and I've got to have piece of fish shipped in from Chili?? Oh, yes, I get also get a piece of Branzino -- so now it comes from Europe, but from where?

I saw sea scallops on the menu and was getting more hopeful. But the dish was served with some piece of meat and again I don't know how that meat was reared. I didn't want meat; I wanted good local fish which apparently was possible to get there.

When speaking to the wait staff, they said that the chef wants to stand out from the other Italian restaurants so he has these 'weird' combinations. Why not just be the best at standard Italian food? There was a Tiramisu on the menu, but a cheesecake based on the Tiramisu. We're in Florida, but no Key Lime either.

So -- great wait staff and other personnel.

Top marks for ambience.

Food - not so much. Well over priced and over engineered. I would have gladly paid that and more for high quality, organic food -- but not for CAFO, GMO and mercury food.

And here's the kicker. As far as they are concerned, Americans don't care about how the food is raised or grown. Well, here's one that does.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Susan B
Vessy T, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to the Sale e Pepe Restaurant and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the exceptional service from our staff. However, we are disappointed to hear that the cuisine was not to your satisfaction as our culinary team takes great pride in the quality and presentation of the menu selections. We are sorry that your particular meal was not to your liking and perhaps in the future, our educated and experienced staff can direct you towards an entrée that would complete your wonderful dining experience.
We will utilize your valuable feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to join us again in the future.
Naples, Florida
“End of Tennis Season Luncheon”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

As always, Sale E Pepe delivers an elegant product, from the al fresco dining overlooking the gulf to superbly presented lovely meals. We ended our tennis season with 12 of us, each ordering various salads which were all delivered by 6 servers. The salads were innovative and delicious. A little pricey, but the cost is necessary to keep the level of amenity expected. My husband and I returned a few days later for happy hour. Wonderful. Deso was a charming and welcoming Bar Tender. The small plates were excellent but one in particular blew me away. It was small garlic toasts, topped with prosciutto and perfectly done quail eggs. OMG! Really special. We live here and this is resort dining at its best, located in the Marco Island Resort Hotel and Spa. Highly recommend for a special occasion or a romantic evening.

Visited March 2014
Tony F, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We really strive to provide 5-star service and food for all meals at Sale e Pepe. I hope to see you in the restaurant again soon.
“What a meal!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Seated on the terrace with Gulf view out family thoroughly enjoyed our meal @ Sale E Pepe. We were pleased with the extensive wine list and outstanding food and service. The sea bass and Ossobuco were sublime! Certainly not inexpensive, but worth the cost for a wonderful meal on the Gulf!

Tony F, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for your review. Please come back and enjoy the food and view soon.
Marco Island, Florida
“Great food, great service, but dress up for it. ”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The food and service were great, but we felt underdressed in shorts and t shirts, although they were very gracious. This is not a casual place and the prices reflect that. They should be a $$$ restaurant.

Tony F, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for dining with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We really welcome all guests to the restaurant and recommend smart casual dining. While some do choose to get dressed up for the evening, your dress was certainly acceptabl for our Terrace and Saletta. We look fordward to having the opportunity to serve you again.