“Excellent restaurant with top notch sunset views (kind-of)”
Review of Sale E Pepe

Sale E Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale E Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spruce Ave.
Brighton, Michigan
“Excellent restaurant with top notch sunset views (kind-of)”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We took my in-laws for dinner to thank them for driving us down to Marco Island. The menu is a little overwhelming at first, but the staff was very helpful with making drink and menu selections. We shared a salami and quail egg bruschetta appetizer and it was delicious. My wife has a gluten allergy and although they do not offer a gluten free menu, the staff is very well trained and can make just about any of their offerings using gluten free ingredients. They even had gluten free bread available, which my wife said was the best she's ever had. Two of us had pasta (the pasta with wild boar sausage is great) and two of us had seafood. The sea bass with black truffle chowder was delicious.

The sunset view looking out over the gulf was great, but my only complaint would be that the tables don't go all the way to the railing, so anyone waiting for a table ends up blocking your view, which is pretty frustrating when you have booked your reservation specifically for the sunset.

Overall, a great and memorable dining experience. We hope to repeat it before our trip is through.

1 Thank bkinder162
Tony F, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank your for your review. I enjoyed reading the part about your experience with being Gluten Free. Our staff spends a great deal of time learning about food allergies and we challenge and train the staff to create menu's for different allergies. We want everyone to enjoy fine food and service, regardless of dietary restrictions. Thank you again for sharing and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Sussex, Wisconsin
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We treated ourselves for a special Valentine's dinner by making reservations at this restaurant. WARNING: Don't make after dinner plans! First, our reservation time was not honored. We arrived 10 minutes before the reserved time & waited approximately 30 minutes to be seated. Service was extremely slow! If it wasn't for the extensive & unusual dishes, excellent homemade pastas & desserts, I would have no desire to visit this place again. I would rate this as very good for food & location but the slow service brought this rating down. I hope the slow service was because of overbookings for Valentine's Day & not the norm.

Tony F, Manager at Sale E Pepe, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I appologize that there was an extended wait time for your reservation, and hope that you were made comfortable during the busy evening in our Toulousse Lounge or Saletta Bar. If you return to Sale e Pepe in the future, please reach out to me directly so I can personally oversee your reservation and make up for the previous experience.

Best,
Tony Farina
“No tables for happy hour!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Best view. Nicest place on island for sunset. Buy 1 drink get 1, fantastic deal they advertise. Been there 4 times, only 3 tables set up. Buy some tables.

Blue Bell, PA
“Unforgettable and unfailingly charming”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our party had the simple grilled fish (branzino) and a few glasses of the "Whispering Angel" Provence rose (dry with big minerals and fruity) and the spicy and tart Super Tuscan. Both great combinations. Unfailingly good service and a magical atmosphere - an exceptional dinner for our first time on Marco Island. I know when the service people are frantic (they were) yet they still made it unforgettable and charming.

“A wonderful meal”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Good service and a wonderful wait staff. The meatballs were absolutely delicious. My wife had a salad that was fresh and not drenched in dressing. There were 6 of us and everyone enjoyed their meal. My steak was delicious and the special pasta was enjoyed by all. A very nice dining experience.

Visited February 2014