“Cooked my fresh catch just right again”
Review of Sand Bar

Sand Bar
Ranked #33 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Marco Island, Florida
“Cooked my fresh catch just right again”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Don't live here full time but, I am here 9 months of the year. Sand Bar remains my go to place when I have had a good day fishing. Blackened Grouper and Crunchy Snapper cooked just right again. Choice of great fries or very good pasta salad. Would recommend what my kids in their mid 20s call Happy Hour Dinner. Pulled Pork Sliders and Cheese Burger Sliders, and, add the pickles which are on the table. If they are not on the table in the off season ask for them. Followed with some Mini Tacos, Mini Hot Dogs, Wings, Oysters, and and order of Onion Rings of Mushrooms. Get some of each and a cold beer and enjoy time with your family or guests. Loud, family friendly, typical sports bar with a couple pool tables. Now and then you will have a bad day there but overall it's good 96% of the time. Off season, closer to 99%.

Visited May 2013

“Fun bar, very good food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Not fancy. No views. Just very good food at reasonable prices. Always busy, this is a place the locals seem to support. Grouper sandwiches are a highlight. Superb pickles. Burgers, meh.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank JA M
Las Vegas
“Yes, it's a bar. With the best oysters in town.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I like oysters. I LOVE Ameripure oysters. This is the brand of oysters served at Red Lobster. The Sand Bar serves the largest oysters I have ever eaten, some are so big it takes two bites to eat it. The best part is that during happy hour, oysters are a buck apiece. They have other items on special as well; mini burgers, wings, etc. I will return.

Visited May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“The local hangout”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Still the local place to go for a quick game of pool and a cold one. The wait staff was friendly and the atmosphere inviting. The only thing I would change is the obnoxious, blinding video game near the pool tables. The light is FAR too bright for any human being to even look in the direction of. Please remove this machine asap.

Visited April 2013
Iowa
“Cooked Our Catch”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The captain of our fishing trip recommended that we take our catch over the "local" bar and have them cook it up. A good recommendation as our fried fish was good along with slaw and french fries. Oh yeah, and the cold beer was also a plus! Just a good local spot to stop and have a casual fish dinner after our 4 hour fishing trip.

• Visited April 2013