“Reviews on the money - it was terrific!”

Verdi's An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Verdi's An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef Upham is constantly expanding his skills and is continuously praised by our local customers, as well as commended on social media for his talent of preparing food to perfection. In addition, our distinguished wine list will allow you to pair any meal with the perfect wine. Please visit our menu tab for our most current wine list and broad menu. Verdi’s reservation office is open from noon to 9pm daily and reservations are highly suggested from November 1st through then end of April. In addition, reservations for parties of 8 or more are strongly suggested year round. Our dress code is island casual (polo shirts and dressy sandals are acceptable). Kid’s welcomed and kid’s menu are available. We invite you to join us for dinner and experience Verdi’s difference; we guarantee that you will love your meal and leave delighted with our customer service.
VLOML
“Reviews on the money - it was terrific!”
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We asked locals around Marco a great place to eat and they all said "Verdi's" should not be missed. They were right! We had a terrific meal, great wine list, and the sea bass was out of this world (the signature dish there). The owners came by our table, made small talk, were a lot of fun to chat with and made our meal very comfortable. You wouldn't really expect this kind of restaurant based on the location (strip mall) but don't let that fool you. The ambience was nice as well, but the food made it an excellent dining experience to say the least. If we go back to Marco Island, no doubt this will be a must eat again item on the list!

2 Thank VLOML

Carol Stream, Illinois
“Verdi's is Superb!”
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Just returned from Marco and I had a phenomenal meal at Verdi's. I cannot believe it took me so long to finally get there for dinner since we have been going to Marco for the past 15 yrs. or so. It's one of those things where you have your favorite restaurants and never want to change....welll....so glad I went for a change because Verdi's was wonderful and it is now on my favorites list.

I went with my parents and everyone's meal was outstanding. I had a spinach salad for starters (evening special) and instead of ordering an entree, I spotted another customers plate of mussels that was actually an appetizer but it was huge so I ordered that with the white sauce....delicious! And there bread is to die for....homemade. My Dad ordered the chicken phyllo and my Mom ordered the grilled shrimp. Each of us were tasting each others because we were all bragging how delicious each of ours were.

They have a very nice wine list with many choices although most are per bottle. This restaurant is definetely gourmet but don't let that stop you because the portions are big. The food presentation very nice indeed.

The owners are a joy to talk to....very down to earth and ready to please. A real delight to talk to.

My husband and I are going back to Marco in April and I cannot wait to bring him here for dinner.

FYI....they are closed the months of August and September.

1 Thank sunlover
Chicago, Illinois
“Verdi Experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2009

Had an excellent meal. My husband had the pork chop which was delicious and I tried a nightly special, the triple tail. First time I had this fish which was mild and tasty. A salad with a good dressing and wonderful bread was included. Dinner is fairly expensive, but worth it.

LA, CA
“a great restaurant with pretty good service”
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Every time we come to Marco Island we usually make reservations at Verdi's. The owners are great and the food is wonderful. The restaurant has an incredible inderstated elegance that is upsale yet comfortable. I always get the tuna and the german chocolate cake. It is fantastic. The service could be improved upon though depending on who you get. We usually like to request a waitress named Debbie who is great. There is a waitress there who is dark skinned, dark hair, and brown eyes who makes weird and inappropriate comments that made my wife feel very uneasy. Try to avoid her!!! All in all it is a must restaurant of Marco!

1 Thank LosAngelescouple
Chicago
“Exquisite food but dreadful service”
Reviewed December 24, 2008

The food was excellent. On the menu they said something to the nature of "No substitutions a great amount of time has gone into pairing flavors." I originally thought they better know what they are talking about if they are going be so high of themselves and all the food was perfect.

Unfortunately, the service was not so amazing. The waitress whose name I believe started with a B(Brown shoulder length hair with 5 or so bracelets on each wrist) was one of the worst waitresses we've had on the island. After waiting about 5 minutes, a table was sat next to us. After waiting another 5(total of 10) the table that was sat next to us was greeted. Then we found the waitress that greeted them was our waitress. She made some remark trying to be funny(this occurred every time that she rarely came to our table) though at this point I wasn't sure if we were going to walk out. We decided to stay and reason maybe she didn't know they were sat after us. It's possible she had tables on both sides of the divided room and was busy(though very few people where there at this time). However, I started to watch her to see how she dealt with her other tables. I noticed that when she greeted someone she knew she hugged her and stood there talking for about 5 minutes. All in all one person's drink was never refilled and annoyance kept brewing over our waitress and her annoying remarks. This made your dinning experience less than enjoyable and we did not order wine or desert due to the service.

With all that said, the owner was watching everyone and she did not notice that our table and the table next to us had such horrible service. Though she did notice that when it was busy and people were waiting for a table she came to take our bill after we put our credit card down.

Would I go back? Yes, the food was amazing. The poor service and negligence of the owner is the reason for the rating. I wish I knew the waitresses name to warn other travelers to ask for someone other than her.

1 Thank Delicatessen