“Wonderful again!”

Verdi's An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Verdi's An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef Sanjuan is constantly expanding his skills and is continuously praised by our local customers, as well as commended on social media for his talent of preparing food to perfection. In addition, our distinguished wine list will allow you to pair any meal with the perfect wine. Please visit our menu tab for our most current wine list and broad menu. Verdi’s reservation office is open from noon to 9pm daily and reservations are highly suggested from November 1st through then end of April. In addition, reservations for parties of 8 or more are strongly suggested year round. Our dress code is island casual (polo shirts and dressy sandals are acceptable). Kid’s welcomed and kid’s menu are available. We invite you to join us for dinner and experience Verdi’s difference; we guarantee that you will love your meal and leave delighted with our customer service.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This was our second trip to Verdi's. The first was last year, this time, and we had an amazing meal. We all remembered the delicious bread and olive oil. Lucky for us, both were as good as we remembered. My dinner this year was the best I have eaten in a long time. Get the sea bass!!! My meal was perfect, beginning to end. The rest our of group equally enjoyed their meals. Will be back.

VerdisManagement, Owner at Verdi's An American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

HI Dianne A

Thanks for stopping by again this year and sharing your experience with the trip advisor community. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Marco.

Regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Spent 4 quick days on Marco to escape some cold weather. On our last night after 3 mediocre dinners and convinced there was no great dining on Marco, we tried Verdi's. It was fabulous. Don't be worried by its location in a small strip mall (I was). Our waiter James was very attentive as it seemed all the other staff were as well. We had a combination of specials and menu items. We started with a wonderful corn chowder with smoked ham and roasted potatoes and a menu item of tempura shrimp served over lettuce with a great sweet chili sauce. For entrees a special of honey grilled shrimp with spicy mashed potatoes and a chipotle sauce and the other entree was seared scallops over spinach and mashed potatoes. Done wonderfully. Try the tart key lime tart or the apple strudel with cinnamon ice cream. Can't say enough. Twice as nice as any other place we dined.

VerdisManagement, Owner at Verdi's An American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Trip Advisorian

Thanks for visiting Verdi's on your four day weekend and for the leaving such a positive review, our goal is to turn every guest that comes through our doors into raving fans of Verdi's and it looks like with your visit we succeed. Once again thanks for taking time out of your vacation to do a review on us we appreciate all the feedback that we receive.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This place took our reservation for 9 including 5 children who were starving. Our waitress brought the kids meals out very fast to accommodate them! Food was excellent! Chef came out personally to see how things were going!!! We loved that!!! We would return to this restaurant again. Thank you :)

Dear Trip Advisorian

Thanks for visiting Verdi's on your vacation and for the leaving such a positive review, I glad to hear that your patio table was to your satisfaction, our mission is to turn every guest that comes through our doors into raving fans of Verdi's and it seems like with your visit we succeed. Once again thanks for taking time out of your vacation to do a review on us we appreciate all the feedback that we receive.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I were walk-in diners. The restaurant inside was full, but they seated us at a table outside tucked under a set of stairs, which we didn't mind because it was a quiet corner. In spite of that, the waiter was very attentive but not intrusive. The food was fabulous - my duck was one of the best I've ever had. At the end, we just mentioned that we were walking back to the Hilton and the owner offered to drive us back himself. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Both owners were there - we might as well have been invisible. Never spoke to us, never asked how we were enjoying the meal (we weren't). Actually looked like they were mad at each other instead of us. Very mediocre food. By far our worst meal on a 1 week trip

1  Thank winterhawk99
VerdisManagement, Owner at Verdi's An American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Fellow Trip Advisorians
Let me start by saying that I don’t fight with my wife, she tells me what to do and I say “Yes Dear”. Moreover, I want to point out that she doesn’t work at the restaurant very often so I’m perplexed as to how you came to the assumption that I was mad or fighting with anyone and how you knew “both owners” were there. However, that is not even the issue to me, my concern is that you came to my restaurant and didn’t enjoy your dining experience. I would like to know what were the issues that did not allow you to enjoy your meal? Your comment didn’t elaborate nor did you mention it to your server or any of the support personnel that assist your server while you dined with us. Had it been brought up to Anyone, I can personally guarantee that we would have done everything in our power to rectify any issues immediately. While we are not perfect and occasionally we do drop the ball, you can rest assured that you or anyone reading this review or that has read any of the previous 500 reviews understands that my entire staff is passionate about customer service and each night I know that they will do whatever it takes to provide our guests with a memorable dining experience. One perfect example: The other night a customer ordered a Pepsi, but we serve Coke! The guest said “I can’t drink Coke”, so my busser without even telling me went next door to the Quick Stop and got him a Pepsi. As you can see I am confident my staff would have resolved your issues if you would have brought it up to our attention. I am sincerely sorry you felt neglected and I apologize that you did not enjoy your meal. Perhaps it was meant for another establishment?

Vince Rodriguez