“Quality year after year”

Verdi's An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Verdi's An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef Upham is constantly expanding his skills and is continuously praised by our local customers, as well as commended on social media for his talent of preparing food to perfection. In addition, our distinguished wine list will allow you to pair any meal with the perfect wine. Please visit our menu tab for our most current wine list and broad menu. Verdi’s reservation office is open from noon to 9pm daily and reservations are highly suggested from November 1st through then end of April. In addition, reservations for parties of 8 or more are strongly suggested year round. Our dress code is island casual (polo shirts and dressy sandals are acceptable). Kid’s welcomed and kid’s menu are available. We invite you to join us for dinner and experience Verdi’s difference; we guarantee that you will love your meal and leave delighted with our customer service.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Quality year after year”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I have been to Marco on four occasions. Verdi's is the one restaurant that we continue to return to. The atmosphere is very cozy and romantic. The staff is always excellent and the food, be it steak or seafood continues to impress. We will always keep Verdi's on our list for dinner.

Visited March 2014
VerdisManagement, Owner at Verdi's An American Bistro, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Trip Advisorian

Thanks guys keep on coming my wife and i have a daughter going to college soon, but seriously thanks for leaving such a positive review we really appreciate it and I promise to keep the restaurant consistent for every time you visit Marco. Thanks Again!

Vince R
Proprietor

Richmond, Virginia
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner here based on the trip advisor reviews. I was very unimpressed with everything. I ordered the squash cheddar soup which was warm, not hot, and tasted like it was from a can. I also ordered linguini with a pomadoro sauce which was the worst sauce I ever had. No flavor. Too much oil. I couldn't finish it. Spinach salad was ok but swimming in dressing. The woman at the table next to me sent back her meal cause it didn't taste right. My husband had the shrimp appetizer which was tasty. He also had the filet which was good. I would not go back here. Price are too high for a subpar meal. Service was average at best. No atmosphere either. Crowded little room.

1 Thank 6GRTKDS
VerdisManagement, Owner at Verdi's An American Bistro, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Trip Advisiorian's

"Have you ever went over a friends house to eat

And the food just ain't no good
I mean the macaroni's soggy the peas are mushed
And the chicken tastes like wood
So you try to play it off like you think you can

By sayin' that your'e full"

Well at Verdi's you don't have to play it off, just let use know you're unhappy with your meal for WHATEVER reason, we will fix it! All our soups our home made, everything we serve is homemade except for the Hagen Daz Ice Cream and our bread. That night we sold out of squash soup. However, I can understand that maybe you didn't like it, that's ok just let us know and we would've changed it for you. We put to much dressing on your salad, we will make you a new one. You didn't like the sauce on your pasta, even though its the same sauce we've been serving here for 16 years, it does't matter to use, we'll get you something else. My staff main objective is to do whatever it takes to insure each guest leaves our restaurant as a ravening fan, and the vast majority of the times we achieve our goals, unfortunately we fell short on your visit.

Vince Rodriguez

Read more: Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Michigan
“Excellent Food -- Beautiful Plates!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Another Marco restaurant in a strip mall -- not where we would expect to find a fine restaurant, but sure enough, Verdi's was very fine indeed. Our server was very accommodating to special requests. We all ordered something different -- and all were very happy with our meals. The plates were beautifully presented. The chef even came out to ask how we enjoyed our meals. Only complaint, and it is not the fault of the restaurant, was the very loud group sitting behind us -- it was hard to hear our own conversation over their shouting.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome Meal”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had an unbelievable meal at Verdi's in Marco Island! My husband had the tuna which was perfect! I had the sea bass which was the best sea bass I have ever had. They were very busy the night we were there so the wait staff was stretched but the meal more than made up for the slow service. We will definitely be back on our next visit to Marco! This is a must go to restaurant!

Halifax, Canada
“really good Italian food”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have allergies and the waiter was very attentive and careful. The food was tasty, one of us had an excellent pork chop, the other very fresh, nicely prepared fish. The place is crowded and not big on atmosphere, but they get the job of cooking a good meal done very well. They even pay the taxi to and from the hotel!

Visited February 2014