“The Place”

Verdi's An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Verdi's An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef Upham is constantly expanding his skills and is continuously praised by our local customers, as well as commended on social media for his talent of preparing food to perfection. In addition, our distinguished wine list will allow you to pair any meal with the perfect wine. Please visit our menu tab for our most current wine list and broad menu. Verdi’s reservation office is open from noon to 9pm daily and reservations are highly suggested from November 1st through then end of April. In addition, reservations for parties of 8 or more are strongly suggested year round. Our dress code is island casual (polo shirts and dressy sandals are acceptable). Kid’s welcomed and kid’s menu are available. We invite you to join us for dinner and experience Verdi’s difference; we guarantee that you will love your meal and leave delighted with our customer service.
Epsom, United Kingdom
“The Place”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Surprisingly I ate here for the first time in December. I don't know why that is, I've been staying Marco for 20 years. Big mistake - this restaurant spoils you for other places. Welcome was great on an evening when the restaurant was full, glad we had a reservation. Serving staff were very good and a nice touch was the lad who bussed the table came to introduce himself. There were 6 of us and we were seated by the entrance which was not ideal but then they pulled a curtain divider across, perfect solution. Caesar salad with anchovy followed by a perfectly presented swordfish. Very attractive SB wine by the glass. I never have desert but was tempted on this occasion because everything was so good. It was good - not sure I should have been tempted but what the hell. Chef came and introduced himself which was nice.
In town? DO NOT MISS VERDI'S

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mike E

Orlando, Florida
“Great dinner”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I never expected to find such a great restaurant on Marco but this is one for sure. The service was great We had the special salad that evening which was so good and I had the chicken in phyllo not to miss this one. Husband had the parmasean crusted fish which was off the chart! A must if you are in Marco

1 Thank fairster
Marco Island, Florida
“Beyond outstanding !”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This restaurant is superb. The staff is superb and the chef is an artist!! Loved every bite. One of us had the rack of lamb and the other had the grilled snapper special. Seriously - beyond belief!! Loved it.

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Six of us had dinner here, and everyone was pleased with their meal. I had crispy duck cooked to absolute perfection presented with raspberry and hoisin sauces. I have never had better. The service also was perfection.

Marco Island, Florida
“Great service and high quality fresh food on Marco!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and impeccable service during my first dinner here. I never tried the restaurant when Chef Guy Verdi owned and cooked here, so, I can't compare the before and after. However, I can say that on this particular evening, Verdi's provided the setting for a wonderful dining experience. The service was amazing with an attentive, not pushy, approach to fine dining. The server knew the menu inside and out and could make recommendations. Two glasses of wine, two entrees and one dessert about $100 before tip. The filet was cooked to perfection and served hot. The "baseball" cut of the prime rib was not as tender as I had expected, but the meat was cooked as ordered and served hot. The sides were delicious along with the bread before the meal. Everything was made in house on the dessert menu. I tried the apple strudel and it was delicious. I would definitely go back to Verdi's. There is a nice large table for 6-8 that would be perfect to enjoy a meal with friends.