“Excellent food and service”

Verdi's An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Verdi's An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef Upham is constantly expanding his skills and is continuously praised by our local customers, as well as commended on social media for his talent of preparing food to perfection. In addition, our distinguished wine list will allow you to pair any meal with the perfect wine. Please visit our menu tab for our most current wine list and broad menu. Verdi’s reservation office is open from noon to 9pm daily and reservations are highly suggested from November 1st through then end of April. In addition, reservations for parties of 8 or more are strongly suggested year round. Our dress code is island casual (polo shirts and dressy sandals are acceptable). Kid’s welcomed and kid’s menu are available. We invite you to join us for dinner and experience Verdi’s difference; we guarantee that you will love your meal and leave delighted with our customer service.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Six of us had dinner here, and everyone was pleased with their meal. I had crispy duck cooked to absolute perfection presented with raspberry and hoisin sauces. I have never had better. The service also was perfection.

Marco Island, Florida
“Great service and high quality fresh food on Marco!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and impeccable service during my first dinner here. I never tried the restaurant when Chef Guy Verdi owned and cooked here, so, I can't compare the before and after. However, I can say that on this particular evening, Verdi's provided the setting for a wonderful dining experience. The service was amazing with an attentive, not pushy, approach to fine dining. The server knew the menu inside and out and could make recommendations. Two glasses of wine, two entrees and one dessert about $100 before tip. The filet was cooked to perfection and served hot. The "baseball" cut of the prime rib was not as tender as I had expected, but the meat was cooked as ordered and served hot. The sides were delicious along with the bread before the meal. Everything was made in house on the dessert menu. I tried the apple strudel and it was delicious. I would definitely go back to Verdi's. There is a nice large table for 6-8 that would be perfect to enjoy a meal with friends.

Marco Island, Florida
“Amazing food”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I just ate here and had the best gluten free food EVER! My family of 5 had an amazing experience with Madeline as our server and the chef came out to talk to me about my allergies. The chef suggested many items to my surprise. I ended up with the Ahi tuna which was paired with radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes on a bed of rice...Delicious!!! Portion size is perfect!,, Madeline and all the other servers made sure all of our needs we're met. Our drinks were always filled and plates were taken away when we were finished. They were very attentive, it was unbelievable service, We had a fantastic night and being our first night of a two week stay we will be going back very soon. Highly highly recommend!!! 5 star all the way, this is a must if your visiting Marco Island.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Great food and lovely with kids”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My 10 year old daughter said its the best Mac and Cheese ever!

The food was great, Service impeccable and we really appreciated how welcome they made the kids feel...crayons and permission to draw on the table cloth!

And an excellent wine list to boot. The perfect special meal at the end of our holiday.

• Visited June 2013
Naples, Florida
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

They start you off with yummy warm bread and herb-infused olive oil with unlimited refills but don't fill up on bread! Our entrees were delicious and ample portions. I got the fillet which was cooked to perfection and at least an inch thick! Others at our table got the grilled shrimp and the shrimp/scallop pasta dish. The shrimp and scallops were the biggest I've seen and had to use fork and knife to eat because they were so big! Desert was huge. I had the pistachio desert which was excellent and others had the apple strudel which was a little on the doughy side rather than pastry side but still excellent flavor. The ambience was very nice with a dimly lit restaurant and several small tables throughout. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. My water glass was never empty. Entrees are approx $25-40 pp with little "extras" also additional charge (example: gorgonzola cheese for salad, $3). Would highly recommend going here and definitely will go back!

Visited December 2013