“Great view, good seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Snook Inn

Snook Inn
Ranked #31 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving lunch and dinner overlooking the beautiful Marco River.Casual, fun atmosphere.
Naples, Florida
“Great view, good seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I'm not sure where all of the negative reviews are coming from. Maybe people expect more than what this place is--it's a seafood place on the water with great views, good food, and good drinks, and as a bonus has live music on the patio. Not a 5 star, but a solid choice. Lots of seafood choices & ample portions. Have tried to eat here several times before but always too crowded. Hot summer evening & plenty of seats inside in the a/c, so we got lucky. Actually surprised how many people were sitting outside, but there are still tourists in the area that don't mind the heat. Enjoyed fresh broiled grouper & a potato & their salad bar (basic salad choices, but try the pickles!). Friends had fresh snapper & fried fish sandwich & everyone was happy with their meals. Service was attentive & drinks were refilled when needed. We'll definitely be back.

1 Thank gcupi80

• Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“I do not get why people like this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food, service, and atmosphere at the Snook Inn were awful! I do not recommend it. It seems to be very popular but I have no idea why.

2 Thank Cam9962
Springfield
“First time for friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We've been coming here for a long time. We suggested it to some friends as one of the places to go while in Marco. As we drove over to meet them, we got on Trip Advisor just to see what others were saying about it. We rely on this site heavily for our various choices in restaurants and other things while traveling. We were very shocked and disappointed with the most recent negative reviews. I thought the place must have changed hands or hired a new cook or manager. I decided to talk to the manager when I arrived and express my concern. I met Dave who told me the restaurant was still owned by the same family for 29 years and he and the chef had been trained by a Swedish chef. If we had any issues we were to see him after the meal. In a nutshell, the meal was great and the drinks were too. I had all you can eat fish and chips for $16 and my wife had blackened Grouper. The fish was fried to order and came out hot and fresh, even the additional piece I requested. We sat on the water and had a great view. Of course they served our drinks in plastic glasses. They always do as it was outside on a deck. I also have two words for folks visiting S/W Florida in June....bug spray. I can't say I didn't have a bug land on me but it was far from a problem and yes, I had sprayed myself before I came outside. Don't pay much attention to the poor reviews you see here recently. I'm not at all sure why they had such a poor time, we did not. I even went back to the manager and told him that as usual, the Snook Inn had not disappointed.

1 Thank Steve B
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

My party of three decided to try a seafood restaurant by the water for a good bye dinner. Snook Inn is easy to find and has a great view, in fact we took pictures on the docks after eating.
They have a salad bar, which you don't see very often any more! Oh, try the pickle barrel pickles.
I had the fresh gulf catch snapper, one friend had the fresh gulf catch grouper and the other friend had the fish sandwich. Large servings. The baked sweet potato was really tasty and came with a packet of brown sugar.
It was too hot to sit outside at the bar and chickee hut. Busy place.

1 Thank JulieBeeL
“Nice view for cocktails Food is terrible!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Long day of travel and had heard this Snooks was the place to unwind and enjoy seafood. The cocktails were average and served in tiny plastic cups. After out tab increased so did the quality of our beverage container. We were upgraded to glasses. Bartender and staff are very good and music was nice but nothing crowd stirring. NOW the good was terrible....the mahi was dry and plating and presentation was extremely sloppy. The scallops apparently the chef had no idea how to cook them as the came played to me cut into halves making them look like little rubber quarters. And they tasted the same. We did not finish out food had a few more cocktails and left. WILL NOT RETURN hate wasting hard earned money on bad food especially when tired and hungry!

1 Thank LUXURYSTARGIRL1