“First time for friends”

Snook Inn
Ranked #27 of 122 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving lunch and dinner overlooking the beautiful Marco River.Casual, fun atmosphere.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We've been coming here for a long time. We suggested it to some friends as one of the places to go while in Marco. As we drove over to meet them, we got on Trip Advisor just to see what others were saying about it. We rely on this site heavily for our various choices in restaurants and other things while traveling. We were very shocked and disappointed with the most recent negative reviews. I thought the place must have changed hands or hired a new cook or manager. I decided to talk to the manager when I arrived and express my concern. I met Dave who told me the restaurant was still owned by the same family for 29 years and he and the chef had been trained by a Swedish chef. If we had any issues we were to see him after the meal. In a nutshell, the meal was great and the drinks were too. I had all you can eat fish and chips for $16 and my wife had blackened Grouper. The fish was fried to order and came out hot and fresh, even the additional piece I requested. We sat on the water and had a great view. Of course they served our drinks in plastic glasses. They always do as it was outside on a deck. I also have two words for folks visiting S/W Florida in June....bug spray. I can't say I didn't have a bug land on me but it was far from a problem and yes, I had sprayed myself before I came outside. Don't pay much attention to the poor reviews you see here recently. I'm not at all sure why they had such a poor time, we did not. I even went back to the manager and told him that as usual, the Snook Inn had not disappointed.

1  Thank Steve B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,944)

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My party of three decided to try a seafood restaurant by the water for a good bye dinner. Snook Inn is easy to find and has a great view, in fact we took pictures on the docks after eating.
They have a salad bar, which you don't see very often any more! Oh, try the pickle barrel pickles.
I had the fresh gulf catch snapper, one friend had the fresh gulf catch grouper and the other friend had the fish sandwich. Large servings. The baked sweet potato was really tasty and came with a packet of brown sugar.
It was too hot to sit outside at the bar and chickee hut. Busy place.

1  Thank JulieBeeL
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Long day of travel and had heard this Snooks was the place to unwind and enjoy seafood. The cocktails were average and served in tiny plastic cups. After out tab increased so did the quality of our beverage container. We were upgraded to glasses. Bartender and staff are very good and music was nice but nothing crowd stirring. NOW the good was terrible....the mahi was dry and plating and presentation was extremely sloppy. The scallops apparently the chef had no idea how to cook them as the came played to me cut into halves making them look like little rubber quarters. And they tasted the same. We did not finish out food had a few more cocktails and left. WILL NOT RETURN hate wasting hard earned money on bad food especially when tired and hungry!

1  Thank LUXURYSTARGIRL1
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My friends and I dined at Snook Inn last week and I will say, the view is very pretty. The view would be the reason to go. There was a guy playing music on the patio and he was pretty good. It seemed like a nice little patio dining area.
The food was less than mediocre. I ordered a burger, which was just south of okay. The worst part of it was the bugs! We realized there seemed like a lot of Mosquitos while there, but didn't realize how many. I woke up the next morning with no less than 100 bug bites. I literally looked like I ran through a swarm of Mosquitos. Needless to say, this made the remainder of our trip a little less great secondary to the itching.
Bottom line, decent atmosphere, less than great food, and bring the bug spray!

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

After traveling to Marco for the past seven years we finally decided to see if what the locals say about the Snook Inn was right- it's a tourist trap?
We were greeting by two very nice hostesses and seated inside overlooking the water and boats. Nice views.
Our waitress Cathy was prompt and very nice. She quickly arrived with our drinks and took our order. The food was not very good. We only tried two sandwiches and salad bar but the grouper sandwich was not good at all and my shrimp were not very good either. So we both agreed was not worth $42. For lunch.

1  Thank Hockeymomgg