“One spot destination for fun or fine”

Marek's Collier House Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Marek's Collier House Restaurant ,Fine Dining specialzing in the finest Local Fresh Seafood, Lobsters and Meats.The Bar and Bistro at Marek's, Casual island setting outdoor dining and live entertainment offering a choice of fresh seafood as well as home made Salads, Flatbreads , Steaks and Burgers as well as a few British twists
Marco Island, Florida
“One spot destination for fun or fine”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I enjoy the pub side for the island style and laid back atmosphere. Clean and fresh family owned and run business. With a varied menu and more than fantastic daily specials. Here's a tip. If you order your curry hot, that's what your gonna get.
The fine dining room is a pretty room in one of the historic Marco Island homes converted to a dining room. It's been there for 18 years and well established. The chef and co-owner (his wife Penny) have been delighting Marco palettes the entire time. It's my favorite date night experience and have never been disappointed. One side is laid back and the other is fine dining. Whatever mood you're in you find something to please.

Flowery Branch
“Most Unpleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I wish I didn't have to swim upstream here, but we did NOT have a good experience at Mareks. If your discipleship with food has included "safety first," especially regarding the temperatures at which foods must be kept, you recognize that point at which any fish, from a simple cod to a wonderful sea bass, begins to turn that corner to becoming unsafe and tasting fishy. One of the sauces for the sea bass was good, but looked just like what I buy in the bottle at Ingle's. The "weeds" were abundant while the actual vegetables were sparse. They were, however, perfectly cooked and perfectly presented. It takes a lot of guts to serve an incredibly old dish of creme brulee. I was stunned. Thank God it was the last one, because it was not offered to the table next to us. I did not speak up about these things at the store because: a) They were visibly understaffed, I've waited tables, our waiter was swamped. b) I didn't realize I was so upset until we got back to the hotel and c) the tables loaded with people were SO close to us, we could hear them breathe; I didn't want to make a scene. Then I called Ms. Penny immediately, she was defensive, and offered free appetizers and drinks in the bar the next evening. BUT we had early reservations at Verde's, which was FABULOUS, so we didn't go back. And never will again.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank RNdoglady
PeterMarek, Owner at Marek's Collier House Restaurant, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Reviewer.
Following your review I feel very strongly that some of your (unfounded) accusation need responding to. You comment about our food safety preparation and handling alarm me the most. We are professionals who have been in business in Marco Island for 18 years and our chef has a life time of experience throughout the world . I can certainly assure you that all of our produce is of the freshest order , our fish is cut daily then stored on ice and refrigerated before service. This is the first time in 18 years that our food handling have EVER been questioned hence why I believe I needed to respond to this review so strongly.
We contacted a number of our customers who also ate the same Sea bass from the same fish and no one else had the same opinion as yourselves, we take accusation like this very seriously , which is why we followed through contacting our other customers.
Concerning your experience having met with our team in the Collier House I understand that you were approached a number of times to check how you were enjoying your meal , unlike as suggested a “scene” would not be needed just a mention that you were not enjoying your meal , we would then have replaced the dish immediately with something else you would have liked. Following your phone call we held you a table the next night on a busy night that you did not show up for , the only reason we did this as it is our policy to never let a customer leave unhappy, due to the fact you didn’t give us a chance to follow through with this policy the night before we thought this would be a nice gesture the following evening.
Following a review of your other Trip Advisor reviews in Marco Island I am very sad to read your comment stating “and I was SO relieved to hear AMERICAN accents!” I appreciate all our valued customers are entitled to their opinion but I feel this discriminatory comment aimed at us as an ownership team (who happen to be American Citizens but originally from England ) and my team is absolutely disgraceful.
With that said I’m sorry you did not enjoy your dinner , but I certainly suggest you bring up any issues in any future restaurants you dine in as it certainly won’t be ours.

Peter J Marek
“Fablous dining experience a must try by all :)”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Coming to Marco Island since The 70's Regardably we never discovered Mareks. Service was superb. Food was excellent and Penny could have been more welcoming. Atmosphere was elegant but not stuffy.

PeterMarek, Owner at Marek's Collier House Restaurant, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind review , we are glad you enjoyed your dining experience at Marek's Collier House and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should I be of assistance for future reservation please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards

Peter Marek Jnr.
Marco Island, Florida
“Has both an upscale white table cloth and Bistro style restaurant, both are excellent.”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We have dined on both sides many times. Food is excellent, well prepared, well presented, and for Marco Island, fairly priced. On the Bistro side, the typical pub fare is well done, along with stir fries, and the fresh fish of the day. The appetizers, especially the chicken liver pâté and calamari are excellent. On the other side of the house we have never been disappointed with the fresh fish or the lamb shanks. The family has always made us feel welcome, and based on the number if locals eating there it is a favored spot on the island.

1 Thank ALR_Marco
Stratham
“Very nice dining experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I grew up on Marco but Marek's did not appear on the scene until later. It is a wonderful resturant with an excellant menu. Serving in an historic house makes the experience complete. Sometimes the wait staff struggles but not to the point of dissapointing the meal.

• Visited February 2012