“Do not call for delivery”

Joey's Pizza & Pasta House
Ranked #21 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We are frequent in house diners at Joeys. We decided to order a pizza for delivery last week. - what a disaster! I called earlier than usual sensing that the island was busy and was told that my order would take between an hour and an hour and twenty minutes. No issue from my end since I anticipated the delay. I called back after one and a half hours and was told that my order would go out when the driver returned from other deliveries. I told her that I was concerned that my pizza would be cold and she assured me that it was "sitting on top of the oven" and it would arrive hot. Ya, sure. Another twenty minutes passed and I called back. The driver was just leaving and they assured me that I was first on the list. The pizza arrived like a dried up piece of cardboard. I understand that the island is busy and that this was a Sunday night. I tried to accommodate that when I ordered early. What really infuriated me were the many employees who answered the phone and basically blew me off. I am so angry about their callous and cavalier behavior that it will be pretty close to never when I go back.

1  Thank KC C

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been to Joey's a few times in the past four years and have always had excellent pizzas.
The only drawback to going to this restaurant is the fact that it's usually soooooo busy and we hate waiting for a table. It's also difficult to find a parking space during the busiest times.
If you are simply interested in having pizza, order it to go...much easier!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Ordered the large thin crust Chicken Alfredo pizza and picked up (this place is insane busy to get a table). Price was $22 and the pizza very delicious (could have used a little more garlic).

If you're looking for good hand-made pizza this is one of the better places on the island. We've ordered from them several times and never been disappointed.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I went to their pickup window to place an order:
1. You can see the area where they prepare your food through the window. The whole area was nasty-gross. Take a look before you order.
2. The 19 something male and female- we will call them the business destroying couple- made it clear my business was not wanted or appreciated by:
a. When I was looking at the menu, said "Just so you know. Your order will be 45 minutes." They had no idea what I was going to order.
b. When I tried to place the order the male cut me off saying, "Name?"
At this point, I said never mind... The business destroying couples response was to laugh.

1  Thank Mike2906
Reviewed January 3, 2014

First heard about Joey's on a local news broadcast saying how packed the place was on the weekend between Christmas and New Year's. Thought we'd try it, and it's not a far walk, or drive, from where we are staying. There's not a ton of parking, all the spaces were full at lunch time on a Friday, so we parked down the block in another business strip. There weren't nearly as many customers as the parking situation suggested. The restaurant has a nice-sized outdoor patio, but we chose to sit indoors as it was a chilly, windy day. The friendly hostess seated us and we had wait staff come immediately. Nice menu with lots of food choices; separate beverage menu (looks like lots of great drink options from the attractive bar--some very interesting martinis!). Pizza was our reason for stopping, so we ordered #9, a combo of sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, green pepper; regular crust. The large is very large (at least 16") and we had plenty left to take home. Thanks to the pepperoni there was some flavor there, but I found the sausage to be too "porky" tasting as I prefer the flavor of Italian sausage. The mushrooms were good, green peppers okay, onions so-so. The pizza was watery in some areas on top, and dripped "water" off onto the table (it was not grease from the meat). I did ask the server about it, and was told that happens when there are veggies like onion and peppers on the pizza, as they are pre-cooked. Sort of yucky. There was a decent amount of sauce and cheese. I shook on some dry parmesan for a little extra umph! I think a pepperoni pizza would have been a better choice for me personally. We will likely go back....maybe for a martini and a salad next time!?!?!