“Good food, ambience and service”

Joey's Pizza & Pasta House
Ranked #21 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place is very busy. It has a very nice ambiance (casual) with indoor and outdoor seating. We ordered the calamari, garlic knots, penne pasta and caprese salad. Of all dishes, the pasta was about average - I was not a big fan of the sauce. The calamari was awesome - we tried it Joey-style, which was very spicy yet flavorful. We loved it. The caprese salad was good as were the doughnut holes. The beer was cold and cocktail (mai tai) was good. All in all, it was a good outing. Would recommend giving this restaurant a shot.

There are newer reviews for Joey's Pizza & Pasta House

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My second visit fora pizza and I wasn't disappointed. There hand tossed thin crust was excellent and disappeared very quickly. Service was very attentive but not over bearing. Soft drinks where automatically refilled without asking and before they where empty. Bills was presented after everything was finished but at no time did we feel rushed. All in all a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Once again, I looked at other peoples reviews and can only say that some people just should not be allowed to write reviews on here. I had the lasagna and also ordered pizza at a different date. If you do not think this food is good then you do not like Italian food. The lasagna was one of the best I have ever eaten. Very saucy as it should be. I did not have to ask for a refill. I would have given 5 stars, but they did not give me any bread with my order. I don't know if it was forgotten or just extra, but either way, this was my only negative. For people who write reviews and don't get out much, $4 for a beer in a restaurant like this is a great price and the lasagna was around $14 which I thought was a good deal because it tasted great. Their pizza is also amazing. It costs a little more than normal because they are huge. For the area, this place has some of the best food at the best prices.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Sitting outside either in the table area or the outside bar lent a good atmosphere to this restaurant. I thought prices were a little high and the portions very large. It was tough for a single person to find a suitable meal due to those factors. Consider splitting items. Food quality was slightly above average but nothing to write home about. The restaurant was clean looking and service was friendly and efficient. Beer and wine prices were very reasonable. $4 and up for beer and wine was $5 and up. Nightly specials were offered ranging from $16 to $24. Overall good in a pinch but there are better places on Marco.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The marinara sauce tasted like canned crushed tomatoes straight from the can. Very bland, very disappointing, a little pricey. Caesar salad was OK but a little heavy on the dressing side. Service was good, atmosphere OK, just not very memorable.