“Poor food and bad manners”

Old Marco Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Ordered veal Marsala and chicken Marsala ,came swimming in thin gravy, baked potato hard, my wife could not finish the chicken because it was too tough.
Despite advising staff, no apology. Decided only to pay cost of food and left. Followed outside by waiter demanding his tip. After some further abuse he said not to return. No chance of that!
This is the worst behaviour I have experienced in forty years of dining.
Do not come here unless you want insulting!

4  Thank Gordon N

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went to this restaurant last night food good waitress service very good paid for our meal for four and left large tip
Went into the bar for a drink before we left the four of us sat at a table in the rear so we could talk
There was a singer on stage
I paid for the round of drinks $31 and gave $9 tip
Just before we left we were approached by the barman who demanded that we leave a tip for the singer
I explained that we were speaking amongst ourselves and not interested in the entertainment
He then accused us of requesting songs ,I explained that this did not happen as we were in the back of the bar
This guy got very loud and aggressive
NOT A NICE EXPERIENCE FOR FOUR PEOPLE IN THIER SIXTIES

3  Thank DERMOT P
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Many on here talk about the fantastic this and the wonderful that. I just came back from another nice night at the Old Marco Pub. Consistently good, consistently warm,,, just a great way to spend the evening.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a "local hangout" for the residents and there is good reason why. Everyone is treated in a welcoming and attentive manner whether you live here or are visiting, where so many of the other restaurants on the Island obviously cater to the tourists. If you want a bar scene with live misic, sit in the bar area which also has tables for food service. If you are out for an evening of chat, sit in the dining room and get background music from the bar area, but you're able to hear your dining companions. Went there last night and had a new waiter who was pretty good, although obviously a new hire. The service was good. I had the ravioli with meatballs and asked for melted mozzarella and it was perfect. The portion left me full with enough to take home and share with my husband for another dinner. My friend had the shrimp francaise, which she said was delicious and also brought some home. My only negative critique was that it was not cool enought to be comfortable. Since all the restaurants here are so chilly, I wore long sleeves, and was very warm through all of our dinner service. When you can't decide where to go, this is the perfect solution and I've never had an even mediocre meal...the food is always good and the menu is plentiful with choices.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is an odd little place. First, be aware that there is limited parking (Looks 20 spaces front and back) and is shared by a real estate company in a strip-mall'ish location.

The staff was helpful, but seemed to cater to the regulars much more than people that were visiting from out of the area. The first question we were asked was not how many in your party, but do you have reservations. I guess this is a place where people hang out all night.

We had the pub salads with salmon, which were very good and of large size.

The place is 1/2 restaurant and 1/2 separated by a pass through between rooms. The very loud Led Zeppelin music filled the dining area, which made pleasant conversation a bit difficult.

All in all, good food, fair service but this is not a place for you if you don't like loud music. I'd probably not bring the little ones either.

4  Thank Ronin1980