“Good food and service, moderate cost”

Kretch's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #55 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1986, Kretch's has been a local landmark for over two decades. Our family-friendly restaurant offers the finest in fresh seafood and prime meats at budget conscious prices. Every dish receives special attention from Owner/Chef Bruce Kretschmer.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Kretch's is almost like a good diner. The menu has something for everybody, nothing pretentious. my wife chose a turkey club of which she could only finish half. I had an adequate clam chowder and a full rack of ribs that was excellent. We'll be going back.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Kretch's is not on the main drag (Collier) in Marco Island, but easy to find. This was our second visit there in two years (we spend January on Marco). It's a family-run establishment and the décor could use some refreshing but we don't go there for atmosphere. We last visited on a Saturday night at 6 PM and had no trouble being seated. Wait staff was very friendly and menu specials for the evening sounded great.

Wife and I had the seafood bisque soup as an appetizer and it was very good (a little spicy but not overpowering). I had the grilled chicken club sandwich and my wife had a grilled chicken salad, both were delicious. No desert but they have excellent home made delights.

Main dinner dishes and deserts are a little pricy, but in our opinion worth the extra for good quality food and service.

Plan to eat there again before we return home, would recommend it based on the quality of food and service.

1  Thank Carl H
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have heard great things about this restaurant for years. Don't wait to go! The fish sandwich is huge and excellent. Mild flavor & soft Kaiser roll. I opted for the salad instead of fries and it was perfect. Ranch dressing is obviously home made - wonderful. Prices are VERY reasonable and service by Greg was top notch.

My husband was convinvced by our server that the bacon cheeseburger is terrific. Being a "Midwesterner", he decided to try it. It weighed in at every ounce of the promised 1/2 pound and more. He couldn't eat but 1/2 of it and took it home and had it for supper. Two meals for less than $9.00?!!!!! Fries were perfect and I ended up eating some of them off of his plate.

I was not a fan of the sweet cole slaw that came with the burger, but the table next to us ordered a bowl of it with their meal.

My husband also had an Amberbok (spelling?) and it was on tap and very reasonably priced for a large glass of beer.

Friday offers a special Mexican menu. Although we were too stuffed to even consider it, many tables around us were enjoying it. Most were repeat customers as the servers greeted many of them by name.

We're going back next week. See you there.

1  Thank Kris C
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Old food (rice pudding, really?), old patrons (we were the only non-qtips in the entire place). Good, friendly service, though.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We went to kretches last night and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My husband had the clam chowder which he thought was the best he had ever had. Our main was shrimp Bernadette which was delicious and very filling. My father enjoyed the baby back ribs which just fell off the bone! Unfortunately we did have room for desert! Service was good and attentive and we thought the price was reasonable.