“Fish fresh and wonderful service”
Review of Cafe de Marco

Cafe de Marco
Ranked #24 of 122 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the northern most point of Old Marco is Cafe de Marco. An intimate bistro/cafe serving the most diverse selection of fresh seafood & other continental specialties since 1983. A favorite amongst locals & seasonal return visitors to Marco Island. Reservations are greatly appreciated. Olde Florida atmosphere in the historic district of Olde Marco. Perfect for an outstanding meal, business, or special occasion. Vast wine selection and beer available. Twilight specials and children's menu available. Owned and operated by same owner & family since starting out in 1983. Our building enjoys a rich piece of Marco history. The Cafe's building was the original quarters for the chamber maids employed by the historic Old Marco Inn just a few yards away. Many years ago the Inn functioned as a "bed & breakfast", and the maids would simply walk to work from our building. This explains the answer to a frequently asked question..."Was this an old house at one time?" Today, step inside to what has been transformed into an islander's tradition for over 30 years. We look forward to serving you soon! ~Sandy Franchino, Owner
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We tried cafe de marco on the recommendation of a guest at our hotel. My husband and I thought the food was delicious. The rolls were the best we have had on the island, the homemade salad dressing was light and flavorful. Then came our entree. I had the snapper and my husband the grouper. The waitress, Christine, was very helpful in explaining the preparations offered and allowed us to change a few things. Chris the hostess was very welcoming and friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends back in New York.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had dinner here again after a few years and were disappointed by the food and service. I ordered the stuff chicken which wuss very good and the wife had the shrimp scampi which she said was just okay. Our waiter failed to provide us with the early evening menu which we were not aware they had until another waiter offered it to some other patrons after we had our meal. The waiter did spout off the chefs specials burp failed to give any prices but when prompted by the wife he said the prawns would be 40.00. The restaurant is very cramped and they only offered beer or wine, not my idea of a top class restaurant.

1  Thank larry51347
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Cafe De Marco is my favorite place to come when we vacation at Marco Island Florida. The service is top notch and the fabulous chef prepared dishes will not disappoint. The food is always very freshly made for you. They relaxed elegance makes for a night to remember.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

After a hectic week attending a wedding on Marco Island, my wife and I had one last night on our own - so we wanted a nice dinner to relax before heading home. I did some hunting (on TripAdvisor of course) and decided to give Cafe de Marco a try. Good choice!

The location is a little strange - kind of like a small strip-mall from days gone by, but a cute place with good ambience and obviously well cared for. The service was very professional (a young fellow name Joe was our server, and very good at his job). I chose the macadamia-encrusted mahi mahi and my wife had shrimp and scallops. Both dishes were excellent - and we enjoyed a bottle of Taittinger to accompany them.

Okay, there aren't any sea views or romantic sunsets to write home about, but as a good high-class restaurant (with a focus on seafood) we were very happy with our choice.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the early dinner menu; delicious seafood and outstanding service! Great place to celebrate my parents' 48th anniversary !