“Jumbo Prawns”

Ranked #16 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the northern most point of Old Marco is Cafe de Marco. An intimate bistro/cafe serving the most diverse selection of fresh seafood & other continental specialties since 1983. A favorite amongst locals & seasonal return visitors to Marco Island. Reservations are greatly appreciated. Olde Florida atmosphere in the historic district of Olde Marco. Perfect for an outstanding meal, business, or special occasion. Vast wine selection and beer available. Twilight specials and children's menu available. Owned and operated by same owner & family since starting out in 1983. Our building enjoys a rich piece of Marco history. The Cafe's building was the original quarters for the chamber maids employed by the historic Old Marco Inn just a few yards away. Many years ago the Inn functioned as a "bed & breakfast", and the maids would simply walk to work from our building. This explains the answer to a frequently asked question..."Was this an old house at one time?" Today, step inside to what has been transformed into an islander's tradition for over 30 years. We look forward to serving you soon! ~Sandy Franchino, Owner
Venice, Italy
“Jumbo Prawns”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband cannot stop talking about the Jumbo Prawns, best he has ever eaten. Christine, our waitress was the best and took the time to talk and recommend during a very busy evening.
My only complaint would be the acoustics, very noisy and very cramped quarters. Would hurry back and request a table outside.

• Visited March 2014

Mercer Island, Washington
“Food for the uninformed”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you do not take cooking seriously then this is a place for you. Really average food that a lot of people rave about. I left totally unimpressed. Service was slow and uninformed and the table we were sat at was so tight that I had no less than 6 people bump into my back while trying to get past us. So much fun! This is just average food and is uninspired to boot. The staff is friendly enough but it was clear that nobody with really top quality white-linen restaurant experience was manning the helm. This food may have been considered inspired 40 years ago but today is lacking in originality, quality of ingredients, presentation and overall quality. This restaurant is a legacy of the 70's and is suitable for those that celebrate this fact.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LRJ2014
San Rafael, California
“Good restaurant, good food, good service”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This was the third of three restaurants at which I ate in Marco Island, and is the middle of the bunch. Food was good, but not exceptional. Service was better than the food. I would return, but it would not be my first choice.

Visited March 2014
Jersey Shore, NJ
“Nice Dinner”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose Cafe de Marco based on TA reviews and a "Top 10" list in a local magazine. As many others have said, you would never find this place unless you were looking for it and the outside is slightly deceiving. It is loud inside, but probably just bc the place is small. There is some outside dining on the covered/uncovered patios but there is no water view. The menu is moderately priced (our bill was $80 w alcohol and dessert). The only negative is that it does seem as if they try to have quick turnover w the tables. I didn't feel rushed but I didn't necessarily get the sense that they wanted us to linger and have a long meal. I want to note that there is a less-expensive "twilight" menu and that you can bring your own bottle of wine, but there is a $15 corking fee. We both enjoyed our meals (stuffed chicken breast and prawns) and would recommend to others. Across the way is some shops if you want to walk around after dinner!

Naples, Florida
“Upping the ante”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Rarely am I asked to choose the restaurant, but this time I was asked and was shaking in my northern boots. I am so happy I chose well. This quaint and elegant restaurant with the rose stained glass and Art Deco paintings brought me to another place and time. Marty's suggestions were well taken and the Mahi Mahi encrusted with macadamia nuts was mouth watering. We will all return gladly.

Visited March 2014