“Good restaurant, good food, good service”
Review of Cafe de Marco

Cafe de Marco
Ranked #17 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the northern most point of Old Marco is Cafe de Marco. An intimate bistro/cafe serving the most diverse selection of fresh seafood & other continental specialties since 1983. A favorite amongst locals & seasonal return visitors to Marco Island. Reservations are greatly appreciated. Olde Florida atmosphere in the historic district of Olde Marco. Perfect for an outstanding meal, business, or special occasion. Vast wine selection and beer available. Twilight specials and children's menu available. Owned and operated by same owner & family since starting out in 1983. Our building enjoys a rich piece of Marco history. The Cafe's building was the original quarters for the chamber maids employed by the historic Old Marco Inn just a few yards away. Many years ago the Inn functioned as a "bed & breakfast", and the maids would simply walk to work from our building. This explains the answer to a frequently asked question..."Was this an old house at one time?" Today, step inside to what has been transformed into an islander's tradition for over 30 years. We look forward to serving you soon! ~Sandy Franchino, Owner
San Rafael, California
“Good restaurant, good food, good service”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This was the third of three restaurants at which I ate in Marco Island, and is the middle of the bunch. Food was good, but not exceptional. Service was better than the food. I would return, but it would not be my first choice.

Visited March 2014

Jersey Shore, NJ
“Nice Dinner”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose Cafe de Marco based on TA reviews and a "Top 10" list in a local magazine. As many others have said, you would never find this place unless you were looking for it and the outside is slightly deceiving. It is loud inside, but probably just bc the place is small. There is some outside dining on the covered/uncovered patios but there is no water view. The menu is moderately priced (our bill was $80 w alcohol and dessert). The only negative is that it does seem as if they try to have quick turnover w the tables. I didn't feel rushed but I didn't necessarily get the sense that they wanted us to linger and have a long meal. I want to note that there is a less-expensive "twilight" menu and that you can bring your own bottle of wine, but there is a $15 corking fee. We both enjoyed our meals (stuffed chicken breast and prawns) and would recommend to others. Across the way is some shops if you want to walk around after dinner!

Naples, Florida
“Upping the ante”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Rarely am I asked to choose the restaurant, but this time I was asked and was shaking in my northern boots. I am so happy I chose well. This quaint and elegant restaurant with the rose stained glass and Art Deco paintings brought me to another place and time. Marty's suggestions were well taken and the Mahi Mahi encrusted with macadamia nuts was mouth watering. We will all return gladly.

Visited March 2014
Canton, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Crab Cakes”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The crab cakes are absolutely to die for! I was surprised at how much crab meat was in them. Even though this restaurant is known for their prawns, the crab cakes are some of the best I have ever eaten. This is my second season visiting Marco Island and I have always come back to the Cafe de Marco. My husband had the prawns and they where like baby lobster tails, we still can't get enough of the prawns. The food is excellent and our server Joe was very attentive. This restaurant will continue to be our regular spot here on Marco Island.

• Visited March 2014
Fairport, New York
“No Beach, No View . . .No Problem!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a great restaurant, and with the recent remodel and up scaled decor the main attraction is the outstanding food. Sandy and her delightful staff will ensure that you have a wonderful experience. My wife had the Snook special and I had the Broiled Captains Platter. Magnifico!

• Visited March 2014