“excellent tennis coaching” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Tennis

Island Tennis
Ranked #13 of 71 things to do in Marco Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Tennis anyone! Looking for some exercise, lively hits and helpful tips? I am a seasoned and experienced USPTA Certified Elite Tennis Professional and National Champion and offer professional tennis lessons to all ages and levels to both visitors and locals alike on Marco Island in sunny Southwest Florida. It's always tennis fun in the sun with Island Tennis! Advanced reservations required.
Marco Island
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent tennis coaching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Susan brakes down each strategy lesson to the level of the players. She is able to explain why a particular strategy works and how to implement it. Then we practiced it multiple times which helped me immensely. I give her 5 stars.

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Marilyn, thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. I am so pleased that I was able to help you with your tennis game by breaking things down and allowing you to gain a better understanding of how to play points from start to finish. I love to play and teach doubles, it is such a fun and exciting game and there are so many tactics that you can employ. Keep playing, improving and enjoying the tennis learning journey. Be sure to use specific performance goals to evaluate and measure your performance. All the best and thanks again! Susan :)

“Another Great Experience with Susan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Over spring break this year, we had the pleasure of visiting Marco Island again and working with Susan Evans (our third year in a row). Our daughter is a very competitive junior tennis player and it is important that we be able to maintain some part of our tennis schedule while we are on vacation. Fortunately, with Susan, not only do we not miss a beat, but our daughter's game actually improves while we are away.

Over the course of 12 days, we were able to work for almost 10 hours together. This time was a combination of hitting drills, strategy sessions, match play and skill based games. As in years past, Susan was able to find the right mix between teaching and fun--knowing that my daughter was making a choice between pool/beach time and playing tennis. In my opinion, you know something is working when your 11 year old always wants to go to the lesson and has as much fun with Susan as she does with her sisters at the pool.

I would highly recommend working with Susan regardless of your skill level. You don't have to be a nationally ranked player to appreciate her ability as a teacher or her love of the game!

Visited March 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Wow, thank you very much for your very complimentary and thoughtful review, Matthew. So very kind and much appreciated! It has been so nice to have you as returning customers each season. I always have a blast working with Brooke, she is darling and of course a wonderful junior tennis player too! It is really fun and exciting to see her improvement in her game and her growing maturity with each year. I enjoy myself just as much as she does so it's a winning combination. Wishing you all continued success and good times on your tennis journey together! I will look forward to hearing about her progress and our next tennis session together! All the best, Susan :)
Marco Island, Florida
“best investment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

A wonderful person and a great tennis pro. Spending one hour with Susan is time well spent. She's very insightful and encouraging. Her hints on doubles strategy were so helpful. We're leaving for the season but can't wait to work with her again.

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Louise, what a wonderful review you wrote. Gee, thank you very much, so kind and does my heart good!.. I certainly do try and give it my best! I thoroughly enjoyed working you and your team, lots of fun and good times and smiles all while improving everyone's games! Many thanks again for taking the time to write a review! All the best and good luck with your tennis! I will look forward to our next tennis session! Susan :)
Marco Island, Florida
“Team drills at Island Country Club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Susan coached our Island Country Club 3.5 tennis team this winter with great results. She pushed us to move, go to the ball, place our shots effectively. We had a terrific season!
Her fun approach to the drills encouraged participation and challenged us.
We anticipate another winning season with her direction in our drills.
Allyson R.

Visited February 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Allyson, I enjoyed working with your 3.5 team. I love doubles and love teaching it. I am so pleased I helped your team, that is the goal! I always give it my absolute best and want it to be fun and enjoyable as well as always have the students walk away a more knowledgeable and improved player. I believe that was accomplished! Many thanks, keep up the great work and enjoy your Spring and Summer tennis seasons. All the best, Susan :)
Holland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“High school player”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My daughter played with Susan a couple of times during our stay. She plays for her high school team, so we wanted to make sure she kept it up over Spring break. Susan gave her a good workout and some good tips. It was fun to play on clay courts. We would recommend Susan!

2 Thank Juliafost
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Julia, thank you for your kind review. Much appreciated. I really enjoyed working with Casey. I thought we covered a lot in a short time that can really help her. It was a total pleasure working with her, a great young lady and she has a nice game as well! Wishing you continued success out on the tennis trail and I hope Casey and her high school tennis team enjoy those Bryan Bros. posters! All the best and thanks again! Susan :)