“Amazing Tennis!”
Review of Island Tennis

Island Tennis
Ranked #15 of 70 things to do in Marco Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Tennis anyone! Looking for some exercise, lively hits and helpful tips? I am a seasoned and experienced USPTA Certified Elite Tennis Professional and National Champion and offer professional tennis lessons to all ages and levels to both visitors and locals alike on Marco Island in sunny Southwest Florida. It's always tennis fun in the sun with Island Tennis! Advanced reservations required.
Holland, Michigan
“Amazing Tennis!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were in Marco for Spring Break and I signed up our kids for lessons with Susan. I couldn't believe how she zeroed in on what each kid needed work on. I came back to pick up my youngest daughter and she had her moving all over the court. Before this we always told her to move her feet but it never happened. Susan taught her this. We are thrilled with the progress she made in this short time! Our other two kids learned helpful strategies and skills from Susan. They appreciated the games and points they played with her. They felt the tips she gave them were helpful for playing in their high school tennis matches. Susan was kind, patient, and our family highly recommends her. Thank you Susan!

Visited April 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Kathy, what a fabulous review! Many thanks for taking the time to write one and it was a real pleasure meeting you and your children. I really enjoyed working with them, great kids and they have such nice games as well! And Sara is on her way with her new and improved footwork! I love that your whole family plays, that is wonderful! It's the best game and can be a family affair! Many thanks and I wish you all continued success and enjoyment on the tennis court with each other! All the best, Susan :)

Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Great to get back into tennis”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

After being out of tennis for ten years, it was a great surprise to find Susan and take a week of lessons last month from her. She was very helpful in moving my game upward!!

Visited February 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Warren, I had a terrific time working with you and I am so pleased I was able to jumpstart your love of tennis once again! It was all my pleasure! You did very well and I hope you have kept up the momentum you gained with me! Many thanks, Warren!! I will look forward to seeing you next season!! All the best! Susan :)
Marco, CE
“ICC Team Drills”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Susan worked with our 3.5 team and we had our best season ever!
She helped us so much with court placement, setting up our net partner. Coming to the net with pressure, and using soft hands close to net with low balls.
Drills with Susan were so helpful, we are looking forward as a team to having Susan work with us next season.
Julie M

Visited February 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Julie, many thanks for your so very kind review! It was all my pleasure and privilege to have the opportunity to work with you and your 3.5 team at your beautiful ICC. I love doubles and love to share my enthusiasm and passion with others. We had great fun together and I saw lots of progress over the course of the season. You were a terrific group of gals to work with, very receptive and easy going. Lots of laughs and smiles and lions and tigers in the making! You all did extremely well and should be very proud and pleased! Keep it goin', onwards and upwards! Many thanks, Julie (Heidi)! :) All the best and I look forward to next year and more tennis fun! Susan :)
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun and Helpful”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Have taken a number of clinics and had a great time with excellent pointers. Susan is very patient, and not only explains WHAT to do, but WHEN it is helpful to do it in doubles.

Visited March 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Kendallmarco, thank you very much for your review! I love to teach doubles and help people with their doubles tactics and strategies, it is such a fun, exciting and fast-paced game and calls for different skills sets then the singles game. I am so pleased that I was able to help you and that you enjoyed your time on the court and learned, that is the goal! Keep enjoying and improving! All the best and thanks again, Susan :)
“Repeat Performance!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This was my second vacation in Marco Island and it would not be the same if I did not spend another week hitting with Susan. She was such a great instructor and my experience was so positive last year that I came back for another week's worth of lessons.
Susan has a great eye and was quickly able to make minor adjustments to improve my game. I was simply looking to get some exercise each day while on vacation with my wife and young children. However, with Susan's fun and competitive drills, I got so much more! I look forward to coming back next year and continuing to make this a regular thing.

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Stuart, wow, thank you very much for your fabulous and very complimentary review! I so appreciate it! It is always so fun to work with you and help you improve your tennis game! I will look forward to seeing you next year to see your progress and continue to work on other parts of your game! Wishing you all the best and continued improvement and success and fun with your tennis game! Many thanks again, Susan :)