“Repeat Performance!”
Review of Island Tennis

Island Tennis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tennis anyone! Looking for some exercise, lively hits and helpful tips? I am a seasoned and experienced USPTA Certified Elite Tennis Professional and National Champion and offer professional tennis lessons to all ages and levels to both visitors and locals alike on Marco Island in sunny Southwest Florida. It's always tennis fun in the sun with Island Tennis! Advance reservations required.
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This was my second vacation in Marco Island and it would not be the same if I did not spend another week hitting with Susan. She was such a great instructor and my experience was so positive last year that I came back for another week's worth of lessons.
Susan has a great eye and was quickly able to make minor adjustments to improve my game. I was simply looking to get some exercise each day while on vacation with my wife and young children. However, with Susan's fun and competitive drills, I got so much more! I look forward to coming back next year and continuing to make this a regular thing.

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Stuart, wow, thank you very much for your fabulous and very complimentary review! I so appreciate it! It is always so fun to work with you and help you improve your tennis game! I will look forward to seeing you next year to see your progress and continue to work on other parts of your game! Wishing you all the best and continued improvement and success and fun with your tennis game! Many thanks again, Susan :)

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 6 reviews
"learn something"
in 2 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"session"
in 11 reviews
"strokes"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Here on spring break my 17 year old daughter who needed to play tennis while on Marco Island. Susan was tremendous with her and would highly recommend her no matter if your child is a beginner or going to play in college like my daughter. Susan was not only very helpful with my daughter in tennis but gave us great tips on where to go on the island to see Sea Manatees that live in a channel as well as tips on what to do and where to go. Susan is very accommodating with your schedule and cares about her players and their desires and goals in tennis.

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Todd and Michele, many thanks for your fabulous and thoughtful review! It was such a pleasure to meet you and work with your daughter, Natalie. She is a wonderful young lady with a bright future! College tennis is right around the corner and I am sure any coach will love to have her on their team and representing their school. She has a very good game, is a hard worker, and a very nice and respectful young woman. Exciting times ahead for you all and I wish you continued success on your tennis journey together! And so glad you indeed found the manatees and enjoyed my other suggestions as well while here on vacation. I am happy to help, that is the advantage of knowing a local! Do stay in touch and let me know how Natalie's tennis and college selections go! All the best and thanks again! Susan :)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

While at Marco for Spring Break we wanted to keep our daughter sharp for the upcoming high school tennis season. Susan was the perfect choice, providing great hitting drills and coaching tips, while displaying an easy-going, fun-loving attitude that made the time spent with her very enjoyable for my daughter! Next year, we will definitely look her up again while here.

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Terry, thank you for your thoughtful and kind review! It was great to meet Emma and work with her. She has a super game and is such a nice young lady and hard worker. I am excited for her tennis and academics in the years to come! Best wishes for continued success and fun times in your tennis journey together! Thanks again, Susan :)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Susan was very encouraging and skillful during our tennis session. She made it challenging and fun at the same time. I would definitely recommend her for tennis lessons.
I really wanted to find someone who could help me rediscover the game and also get back into physical condition.
If you want to learn the RIGHT way to find your contact point and generate an amazing stroke, Susan will definitely sort you out.
I’m glad I had the opportunity to play with her.

Thanks,
Harry Catton, Miami, FL

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Harry, thank you very much for your wonderful review! I really enjoyed reigniting your love of the game and also getting you back into shape and fine tuning your game! You did very well and I hope you kept the momentum going and are still playing, you have too good of a game to not be playing regularly! I will look forward to your return so we can work on more things! Until then, all the best and keep playing and enjoying this great game!! Susan :)

See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Recently, I was in Marco Island only as a Detour from Palm Desert, CA. Due to Storm Titan our anniversary flight for my husband & I was cancelled, After several planes, trains and automobiles
later we arrive in Marco Island to visit my in-laws, we stayed at the Hilton and since I was missing serious tennis (BNP Open) I thought I should take some lessons..I had a wonderful lesson with Susan at our Hotel. Coming off a calf injury she helped me get back into tennis mode after one lesson. Thank you Susan!!

Jena, thank you for your review. Too bad about your detour as the tourney at Indian Wells is indeed a treat and a favorite tour stop but luckily it wasn't a total wash and you found me and were able to not only get out on the court but also hit a ton of balls and get back into your tennis groove! It was a pleasure to meet you and play with you, you have a nice game and I wish you continued enjoyment and improvement with your game! All the best, Susan :)