“Great tennis clinics on Marco!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Tennis

Island Tennis
Ranked #13 of 71 things to do in Marco Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Tennis anyone! Looking for some exercise, lively hits and helpful tips? I am a seasoned and experienced USPTA Certified Elite Tennis Professional and National Champion and offer professional tennis lessons to all ages and levels to both visitors and locals alike on Marco Island in sunny Southwest Florida. It's always tennis fun in the sun with Island Tennis! Advanced reservations required.
Memphis, Tn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tennis clinics on Marco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

A group of four of us came to Marco for a combination tennis/fun trip. We called ahead and booked a clinic with Susan for the first day we were there. It was great doubles strategy and lots of fun. So much so that we booked a second clinic for the last day we were there!

She's really easy to work with and gives great advice/reasoning for why we should do what we should do in doubles tennis!

Highly recommend Susan for this and I bet her bike tours are equally as fabulous!

Visited September 2013
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Terrific, thanks a million, Memphis, TN! So nice of you to take the time to write a review and I am pleased that I was able to help you all out with your tennis games as well, it was indeed all my pleasure! I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Marco Island to continue working on your doubles games! Until then, keep enjoying!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Team Ohio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Team Ohio 5 Florida 2! What a wonderful couple of lessons we had with Susan!

She makes an hour of skills and drills go by so fast. She takes the time to assess your skill level and then comes up with a variety of drills that are so much fun.

Susan also has a wonderful personality. My wife and I highly recommend Susan to you!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank TeamBlacklick
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Team Ohio! I love it! Thanks a million for your wonderful review. So nice of you to take the time. It was all my pleasure to meet you and work with you on the tennis court. Great fun! Many thanks again, so nice! All the best and keep enjoying the game!
Bronxville, New York
“susan evans an excellent tennis pro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

when I was younger, I played on a 5.0 tennis team; consequently I have had a great amount of experience playing with the pros. She rates with the very best. This year, I played with her five times and each session was challenging and fun. If u have a weakness she will improve your technique and give u confidence. I will be back to play with her again.

Visited May 2013
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Tom,
Thanks a million for the wonderful review! I am so pleased I was able to help you with your game and I look forward to your return so we can do more! It's all my pleasure to work with you. Keep up the good work! All the best and thanks again for taking the time to write such a nice review! Susan
“Perfect teacher for an experienced junior player”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is the second year that we've had an opportunity to work with Susan. My daughter plays competitive junior tennis and has been fortunate to work with several experienced tour professionals in "career." I would rate Susan among the best that she's worked with because she understands the right balance between making the time together instructional as well as fun (especially as we were technically on vacation). During this trip, Susan was able to weave in some key tips on mental preparation and court strategy along with assisting from a technical standpoint. During our stay, we had nearly 10 hours with her and each time my daughter came off the court looking for more. We look forward to seeing her again next year!

Visited March 2013
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Matthew, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your tennis experience with me. So very kind and much appreciated!! I very much enjoy working with your daughter,Brooke, and assisting both you and her with her tennis "journey". She is cute, fun, and also a very good player! I am excited for her! Keep enjoying the game and please don't hesistate to contact me for any help or to simply just let me know how things are going. I will look forward to our next meeting! All the best and good luck!
Gurnee, Illinois
“Great Tennis Pro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Susan Evans is fantastic tennis coach. I am a 4.0-4.5 level player trying to improve my game. In two short hours Susan dissected my backhand, found the core flaw that has inhibited my progress for years, applied the perfect drills to make me comfortable with the change, and had me hitting great topspin backhands by the end of the second hour. Simply excellent!

Visited March 2013
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Gee, thanks a million, Tom! So kind of you to write a review and I am so happy I was able to really help you! With the proper grip and swing now your backhand is world class and will be a real weapon in your already excellent tennis game! I hope to see you again on your next visit on Marco to see your improvement and have some more fun! Many thanks again, it was all my pleasure! Keep up the good work and keep enjoying the game!