“A Great Place to Try Local Fish” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fin Bistro
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
LuxuryOnABudgetNY
“A Great Place to Try Local Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was fascinated by all the great reviews of Fin Bistro and decided to try the restaurant with my family while we were on Marco Island. We are seafood lovers and often find seafood restaurants to be underwhelming, but we liked Fin Bistro a lot.

It was less than 10 minute drive (in our case a $6 cab ride) from our hotel. It is a very casual restaurant with good service.
We ordered market salad, blackened rare tuna and yellowtail crude for appetizers and they were all very fresh and good.
Then for main dishes, we tried West Florida Cobia, Florida Black Grouper and Swordfish and shared Shrimp Risotto. Fish was grilled to perfection. It was our first exposure to Cobia and we liked it a lot. Risotto was simply excellent.

Bread Pudding was too sweet for our taste, but seafood was completely satisfying.

If you are on a Marco Island, we highly recommend you try Fin Bistro.

Visited January 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Top five meals of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Let me start by saying I am in the restaurant industry. i've had the opportunity to have expensive and opulent meals from some of the "best" chefs around the world.

The Chef/Owner here is a master! it is obvious he loves his work and loves food. You can taste the pride and love of his craft in EVERY SINGLE BITE from the bread and olive oil to the hand made sauces, to the fresh berry cobbler.

One of the 5 bet meals I have ever had, it was so good we are going back tomorrow!

The prawn appetizer was succulent and cooked to perfection. The saffron butter sauce was great for dipping the homemade bread of which we ordered a second basket.

The olive oil was so creamy and delicious we asked what brand it was. The chef makes his own blend and adds a chili sauce drizzle. not hot but enough to add extra flavor. Even the kids loved it and they usually need butter.

We had the Coconut prawn with stir fry bean and radicchio lemon grass reduction sauce and rice. The coconut prawns were cooked to perfection crisp yet the prawn melted on your tongue.

Swordfish, absolutely fresh, not over cooked, also melted on your tongue.

Kids had butter noodles which disappeared in minutes.

The cauliflower risotto was creative and amazing! We ordered as a side and that disappeared as well!

We decided before our entrees arrived that we needed to save room for dessert since everything was so good!

We ordered the mixed berry cobbler, which was not overly sweet and not overly carb'd out.

We also ordered a white chocolate croissant bread pudding. After one bite we ordered a second one. instead of being made with stale bread, the base is custom ordered croissants. OMG I could have eaten two-three myself if i wasn't a diabetic.

GO HERE. The chef opened this place 20 months ago and has four kids to feed=) He should go on food network. I will crave his food for the rest of my life. If I ever am near South Florida again, i am definitely coming here!

Server Derreck was amazingly inflormative. he could make sand sound tasty. Luckily everything was even better than he described=)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Michael F
North Carolina
“Better get a reservation for this one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked a reservation a week out for a Tuesday night. Good thing I did. We sat by the door and a ton of people who came without one were turned away. One guy even tried to "buy" his way in! I picked this restaurant based on the TA reviews and it was wonderful! I had the black grouper and it was one of the best fish dishes I'd ever eaten! My husband had the lobster which was good, but mine was the BEST! I would definitely recommend this restaurant. There is some outdoor seating that a couple of people without reservations took, but it was far to hot to do that prior to 8pm in the summer.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JDA95
“Best meal of our vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal at this cozy/intimate fresh seafood restaurant. The food was excellent and I wish we could go back for dinner tomorrow, but our vacation is over and so I guess we saved the best meal for last! We each started out with the seafood chowder which had an ample amount of chunks of fish and lobster and potatoes and carrots. The Caesar salad was also delicious because we both picked that as our second course and finally, we each had the grouper as our main entree. The grouper was served with gnocchi, lump crab, artichokes, prosciutto and a delicious cream sauce. It was more than enough to share after our soups and salads, but we were glad we each ordered our own so we didn't have to share! The only downside to our meal was our own decision to order the same items! What were we thinking?! We should have each tried different selections and shared them all, so that we could have enjoyed that many more scrumptious bites. We did share dessert-apple croissant bread pudding that was also wonderful. I cannot wait to book my next trip to Marco so we can try this restaurant again! The prices were reasonable considering the quality of the food and you can pay more for frozen fish overloaded with sauces used to disguise the bad fish flavor at other local restaurants. I consider $26 for fresh fish a bargain! Hotel prices are in the $35-40 range. My husband spent $60 for pizza that was barely edible the night before and our bill was around $100 for local fish entrees, soup, salad and dessert. Loved this restaurant! (Kids are welcome too- we also had our 3 year old with us. She enjoyed her bread roll and took only one bite of her buttered noodle entree.)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Funtravels2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I were more than pleased withouur seafood choices and wine to to match. The server was very helpful and professional. The setting is cozy and quaint. We will go back.

Visited May 2014