“One of the finest seafood restaurants in the Country!”
Review of Fin Bistro

Fin Bistro
Ranked #6 of 125 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fin Bistro is a place where locals and vacationers alike can come to enjoy a delicious selection of freshly caught seafood. As a family-owned business, we’re proud to serve our favorite recipes to guests, cooking with our own special flair and designing beautiful dishes customers love. From our shrimp dishes and fish specials to our live music and drink selection, our food and entertainment offer something for everyone in the family. We look forward to seeing new and returning faces back at our restaurant soon!
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Absolutely outstanding in every way. All sea food is all fresh and the chief is simply incredible. Prices are fair and the wine list is excellent.

1  Thank IndianapolisFun
Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Loved it. Family owned. Owner very nice. Food= delicious. Trouble getting in because so busy. Make reservations in advance!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

There's a reason Fins Bistro is #1 on Marco Island, good quality ingredients and fine preparation and cooking. Well presented and very tasty. Staff are on their game, knowledgable and attentive.
One slight down side is that the open kitchen allows odours out into the dining area, you can end up with quite smelly clothes!
The iPad wine menu adds to the pleasure of selection, with helpful tasting notes.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

First, allow me to qualify my review. I worked as a chef throughout Europe and the US for a number of years AND I am an avid fisherman and a passionate cook at home. The reason for my title is that I don't get how this restaurant got to the number one position on Marco Island. My wife and I have lived here full time for a number of years, and we frequent numerous places regularly, many of which surpass this establishment by a mile.
We were drawn to the "Fresh catch" menu, both of us ordered the Cobia, served with mixed vegetables and a sauce made with morel emulsion. Three things that this wasn't… fresh, Cobia, and made with morels.
The fish tasted a bit past the sell by date… sorry, but it wasn't fresh. I have been a fisherman for over 25 years and I know fresh fish when I taste it and when fish isn't fresh.
Cobia typically runs between 20-50 lbs +, also known as "Lemon Fish" and one would expect the filet of Cobia to be thick, much like that of grouper. I find it odd that both my wife and I got a pice that was less than 1 inch thick at best, and the tail end of what appeared to be a snapper, a yellow tail, or some fish weighing about 2-2 1/2 lbs whole… but NOT a Cobia.
As far as the morels are concerned… Please… this was a béchamel base sauce with what looked to be a bit of red wine added, and it was absent of flavor and, last but not least, it was not a morel emulsion. We did find a few mushrooms in with the veg, but no trace of morels.
Heated plates would go a long way to keeping the food hot.
So did we catch them on an "off" night… I don't think so… In ANY major city (i.e. San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boston, etc) in the US, this restaurant would not survive.
In terms of value, I would head to the Bonefish Grill in Naples ($$), or Roy's,($$$) which is right across the street on 41. Never have we been disappointed in either of those two. On Marco, while I have been a past critic of the wine and service of Mango's (because I think they are SO close to doing it right), you absolutely get more "bang for the buck" at Mango's.

13  Thank John U
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been craving scallops for weeks knowing I was on my way to Marco Island. The hotel recommended this restaurant and I was NOT disappointed. I was greeted nicely, talked to by many employees and enjoyed every bite of the meal. I started with the asparagus appetizer and then had the scallops. My mouth is still watering thinking about it. Would definitely recommend this spot to anyone and everyone!