“WONDERFUL!”

Fin Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fin Bistro is the premiere fresh fish restaurant on Marco Island! We have a large focus on local and regional fish. You may also find other great" made from scratch" items if all the members of your group are not fish lovers!
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WONDERFUL!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our first trip to Marco's newest restaurant and we enjoyed a wonderful meal. We were greeted by hostess/co-owner, Kathy and we were seated promptly because we had a reservation (a must here)! The decor is modern but friendly, with cool, pool- blue walls, rich dark paneling, and crisp white table linens. Our waiter, Dean, was personable and professional. I was struck by the interesting and well priced wine list! We ordered a fabulous "Super Tuscan", which one rarely sees on a wine list in these parts! It was perfect and did not over power our meals, and it was well worth the $38 for the bottle. Whenever I see a wine list like this; interesting, well thought-out, and reasonable, I know a great meal will follow, and I was correct! My husband enjoyed a calamari appetizer which was very lightly grilled and served with a touch of olives, tomato and olive oil. We skipped the salads and I ordered Sea Scallops, which were beautifully grilled and served with potato puree. There was an incredible white truffle fondue on the side, which was heavenly! Thanks to my server, Dean, my scallops were cooked to perfection!. My husband enjoyed the black grouper, which was interestingly enough served with perfect, small, potato gnocchi that were tender and terrific! Our meals were beautifully presented and beautifully seasoned. There is just enough Mediterranean flavor in the dishes for this restaurant to properly be called a Bistro! We shared a great 'Key Lime Flan' tart for dessert,which was creamy and caramelized with just a touch of that marvelous key lime flavor! Hats off to our chef, and co owner Brian! We loved the Fin Bistro and plan to return on our next visit to the Island!

Skokie, Illinois, United States
“Wonderful fresh fish”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great food and service! Visiting Marco island from Chicago and was not impressed with our meals so far...this was a wonderful meal. Would definitely recommend the Fin Bistro. Not inexpensive but well worth it.

• Visited April 2013
“High End food in a casual atmosphere.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner at Fin. The dishes were well prepared and the staff was attentive. Dress is more casual than it would be for the same meal in a large city, but Marco Island is a beach vacation destination, business formal would seem out of place.

• Visited December 2012
Long Island, New York
“Best meal we had in Marco”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I really couldn't say a bad thing about this restaurant. The quality of food was outstanding and our server was very nice. We made a reservation the day of and were glad we did because there wasn't an empty table in the place. If describe the food as new American seafood. Clearly the chef has culinary skills. The white chocolate apple croissant bread pudding was fantastic. As was the grouper with gnocchi.

NJ
“Fresh fish at its best!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had an excellent meal here! Clearly, the chef knows how to cook fish in a way that accents rather than overwhelms. I had the scallops, beautifully prepared. My husband enjoyed the grouper. It is wonderful to find a chef who clearly knows how to prepare fish and cares to do it consistently well. For a starter, we shared the beet salad. That was good - not great. Desserts (berry cobbler and chocolate cake) were also very good - but not as good as the entrees. Prices are not cheap but certainly very fair for the quality of the food and the resort location. Wine list was extensive and well selected. Service was friendly and professional. My only complaint about the service is that it was a bit TOO efficient. We weren't exactly rushed but things moved a bit too fast for a restaurant of this caliber. We had an 8:30 reservation so certainly no one had the table after us but we did feel as if there was a line waiting. It's hard to pace a meal so that diners can linger but not languish. Perhaps that is something that this excellent restaurant will figure out as it matures into hopefully many more successful years. We have been coming to Marco for many years and have had everything from really bad to outstanding. Fin will certainly be a restaurant that we look forward to revisiting!

1 Thank MLENJ