“Nice restaurant off the beaten trail”

Marek's Bar and Bistro
Ranked #27 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We went here twice for dinner. Both times we enjoyed delicious food. Reservations are suggested even in the off-season. They have a nice wine selection that's not too pricey.

Portions are on the small side but filling. The tuna appetizer was delicious and the wasabi sauce perfect!

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I've been to the bistro quite a few times and deemed it worth joining trip advisor to share my joy! AS a selective diner the food here is delicious, fresh and unique every time I have visited! !Chilean Sea Bass in a sweet and spicy glaze tonite topped the chart!!! Miss "Q" at the bar without fail is amazingly nice and on top of her game with great recommendations! This is my favorite bar to eat at...and I eat at a lot! The bistro is casual with a formal quality!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The upscale but casual atmosphere at the Bar and Bistro was simply delightful. The food was fantastic. I had the mahi mahi while my wife had the snapper. It was the best fish I had on the island. I was amazed at the prices as well. It was our least expensive dinner, yet one of the best. The beer and wine choices were extensive including some local brews. Lastly, the warm pecan pie was heavenly and did not last long! Highly recommend the Bar and Bistro to others looking for a great casual yet upscale dinner at a price that won't destroy the wallet.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were hard pressed to find a nice place to have an Grown Up night out while on vacation in July on Marco Island. A lot places aren't open and our hotel seems to think the only place you should go is Fin Bistro. The service here was very good. We enjoyed the food for the most part. The filet's were well seasoned, I had a fish called Schway? which was very tender and mild. However one of my friends had the lamb shank which was tender but terribly under seasoned. The pate was good, though the piece they gave us was so huge I'm not sure what we were supposed to do with it all. (that's not really a complaint.) I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank Kanga2roos
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We've been to Marek's Bistro three times for dinner out of our three nights stay on Marco Island. This probably also in favor of other also very good rated restaurants on Marco had closed for vacation (Fin Bistro, Davinci & Verdi's).

First day we had the home made chicken liver paté and the oriental duck egg rolls as appetizer and for main we went for the pasta alfredo and the Asian Crispy Shredded Beef. Everything tasted so fantastic and the service was excellent - staff very helpful, quick and very friendly. Our waiter was mainly Konstantin, he did a great job, Peter is great too. What do you want more than great food, reasonable prices for the good quality you get and great staff.

That was the reason why we did also go to Marek's the remaining two evenings for dinner and we have not been disappointed doing so.

I once had again the Asian Crispy Shredded Beef and once the Cottage Pie, my partner hat once the Burger (that was the only dish that was not really great) and once the catch of the day (fish) it was a sea bass and it was obviously cooked the best way to cook fish - it was excellent, the chef did a great job.

So this is the favorite dish of my partner and mine was the Asian Crispy Shredded Beef. We were sitting outside on the terrace every time and just had a drink inside the last day we've been there and had to wait until a table for us became free.

When coming back to Marco Island next time we travel through Florida we know where to have a wonderful dinner. We will certainly return to Marek's Bistro.