“Yum!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Great little find, had a bite to eat at the bar. I loved the calamari to start, chicken stir fry entreè. Finished with the NY style cheesecake! Will definitely be back!

There are newer reviews for Marek's Bar and Bistro

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I cant say enough about this place . We visited the bistro at marek's twice in the last week and can't say enough about it . We have previously been to marek's other restaurant which is more fine dining but thought it would be fun to try the more casual bistro , so glad we did . The restaurant is set in an old beautifully restored colonial home , it's worth the trip just to eat dinner in the stunning building. Started off with the escargot which were to die for me and my Husband then both followed with the blackened snapper fantastic!!!!! We then rounded off dinner with an after dinner drink at the bar , such a nice evening and will make sure to return soon . Can't say enough about this Floridian laid back restaurant , if you want a nice dinner in a great atmosphere for a fair value this is the place.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were hoping to sit outside for our visit to The Bar & Bistro @ Marek's but unfortunately Florida is cold right now. We arrived and were seated right away at a nice table. Megan waited on us and she was on top of everything we needed without being around too often. We started out with an order of escargot and an order of homemade chicken liver pâté'. Both of these were very good! We then shared a Caesar salad, which they split for us. It was one of the better Caesar salads that we've had. My entree was the grilled shrimp in garlic butter, excellent! Hubby had the Cottage Pie which was awesome comfort food. I also ordered the stackable potatoes, which I had read about, yum yum. It was really nice because it was so cold last night. We had a drink at the bar after dinner, while waiting for our taxi and met the owners. I was curious to see the other restaurant, Marek's , and was given a tour. This is a first class, family run operation that should not be missed.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Have dined at this restaurant many times and is always consistent. I always have the fresh fish of the day and am always pleased with the size and value on this trip we had sara as a server who was very pleasant knowledgable and professional can't wait to go back again

1  Thank Harry13marco
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

As a native from England, I was unsure of visiting an English restaurant in America. Stumbling upon this place, my wife and I couldn't be happier with our find. Our server, Dakotah, was so respectfuland knowledgeable about everything from the restaurant background to the menu. I decided on the recommended Blackened Gulf Grouper with stacked potatoes. Mouth watering! My wife thoroughly enjoyed her chicken stir fry! Not too spicy and just enough seasoning. We ended the meal with homemade cremè brûlée and cappuccino. Don't miss out on this place! Absolutely delicious!