The management staff at Clausen Properties was nice enough on the phone and prompt in confirming our reservations. Unfortunately, however, we weren't told until check-in that this was a "newer property for them" and I was free to provide feedback. I did, but that didn't make my stay any better.
Problems with this property:
1. The a/c does not cool properly during the day (the temperature will not drop below 80 degrees until late into the evening). I reported the malfunctioning a/c but no one came out to take care of it.
2. The 2nd bedrooom has no t.v., and you have to do some acrobatics to get to the ceiling fan to turn it on.
3. The 2nd shower is unusable. The shower head puts out little more than a mist.
4. Upon our arrival, we had to run out for some insecticide, as the kitchen was overrun with ants. The insecticide came in handy for the roaches we saw over the next couple of days and the wasp nest by the garage door.
5. On the third day we were joined by our adult children and had to run out to buy an inflatable mattress because the pull-out sofa bed had what could not realistically be called a "mattress", and it was disgusting - lots of what appeared to be stains from dried blood and other bodily fluids.
6. The microwave was the smallest I've ever seen; barely largely enough for popcorn.
Some day this 2-bedroom home will likely make a nice vacation rental, but it's not quite there yet.
We were also uneasy with the unsecured mailbox at the management office for pickup and drop-off of keys, as they were in envelopes with the property address. This is a security risk as anyone could make copies of the keys (including prior renters), placing the occupants in danger and also creating the possibility that after keys are dropped-off, someone uses them to enter the unit, steal appliances, etc., which the management company may attribute to the renters. Keys should be secured and the home should have security latches from the inside that cannot be opened with a key, similar to what hotels utilize to keep housekeeping out when the guests are in the unit.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|