“Apollo-202”

Apollo Condominiums
“Apollo-202”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I'm not usually one to write a review but.....my kids and I stayed and the first two nights it felt like I was getting bitten by bed bugs! I never said anything to them cause I didn't want them to be scared. The floors were filthy. When we would come in from outside it smelt like garbage when the air conditioner would run. I used the oven and it felt like I was gonna burn the place down! The knobs to adjust temp got so hot I had to use an oven mit to adjust them! There was no cooler, beach bag, beach toys, or beach cart so my poor kids had to help me carry everything down to beach and pool! Very ridiculous for a place right on the beach! I bought a cooler, and beach toys and of course had to leave them there. I only talked to one other person that said that her condo was ok, the rest said it was disgusting! Better get ahold of your housekeeper cause people want to stay somewhere that feels like home and that was far from feeling like my home! There are so many other places for the same price that are much nicer! We made the most of our stay and we'll be back for a visit to Marco cause it's always so breathtakingly beautiful but just won't ever stay at the Apollo!

• Stayed July 2014
9 Thank Justeen517

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have stayed at the Apollo 4-5 Times for weekly rentals. Always below the 4th floor as its our favorite level. All units are decorated differently as they are individually owned. This is an older condo and its best features are the direct beachfront, the sunset as well as the Sunset grill on site. The units have a fully equipped a kitchen and most have some beach toys or coolers in entrance closet. The master usually has a queen or king bed and the 2nd bedroom 2 twins. Again all are different. I give this 3 stars as many units need updating but it is a reasonable way to stay for a week in a condo. There are a limited number of condos available in Marco Island for rent by the week. Next door Sea Winds is also a good choice for the south end of the island which we prefer. The others tend to be on the north end near Tigertail Beach. I much prefer south beach. Good luck and the best advice I can give you is to look at the pictures of the units available to find the one that suits your needs.

Room Tip: Check out pictures of units available. All units are beachfront.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Renee W
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Apollo in June of 2014 with our family of 4. We stayed in a 1 bedroom. It was small but very doable for a week. When I started to feel cramped I went out on the large patio. Our unit was not perfect but allowed us to take an affordable vacation. The Apollo facilities were very beautiful and well maintained. One minor compliant was needing keys to go anywhere around the condo. That made it difficult for the family to go back and forth from place to place. The pool and hot tub closed at sunset which was a big disappointment. Overall I was please and would definitely come back.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Melanie K
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed in Unit 207 owned by David DeSmyter and booked it on the VRBO website. The condo is small but plenty big for just the two of us, and there was a huge patio or balcony where we spent a lot of time. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. The unit is close to the elevator and the laundry facilities. It was nice to wash all the clothes before we repacked them. There is a restaurant/grill on the first floor directly below this unit. I was worried about noise, but that was not an issue. The grill must close fairly early. We did eat there one day and it was good. There are plenty of towels and linens and even beach chairs and a beach umbrella. The beach is beautiful and some good restaurants and shopping in the area. The pool area is spotless. I would not hesitate to recommend this unit and building. The only downside was that the public access to the beach is next door, but the beach was never crowded. It is a secure building and parking was under cover which was really nice. There is an exercise room, but we didn't use it. If we return to Marco Island, we will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DD42301
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We just arrived back in Indiana from a week at Marco Island. We stayed in unit 807. It was wonderful. It was very clean when we arrived. It was just enough room for the 2 of us. The view is beautiful! The owner was so awesome to work with! The unit had everything we needed. It was a wonderful vacation.

Mike and Paula Berry

Room Tip: unit 807 is awesome! Has a beautiful view!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mnbpjb55
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Wonderful condo......small but for good use of space. Kitchen, dinning area, and living room all in one open space. The unit has everything you would need to cook. The bedroom has a TV also. The views from the balcony were amazing. The sunsets got better each night. There are many restaurants to walk to. We did go to the Marco Movies and had lunch while watching a movie. A nice experience. The pool was nice and clean. Nice having covered parking (free). Restaurant on site is a sports bar. Only negatives.... bring quarters...$3.00 to do a load of laundry and no outside grill.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank MaryinSFL
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Having never been to the Gulf Coast of sunny Florida, my husband and I decided to take a trip to the BEAUTIFUL Marco Island at a friends recommendation. This condo is well equipped with everything one would need to have a fun, relaxing time. From the moment we pulled up, unlocked the buildings front door, retrieved a cart from the lobby to bring our belongings up the elevator to the 8th floor, we were impressed. This is a quiet, clean building.

The unit is bright and sunny. A fully stocked kitchen allows for preparing full meals if you desire. There are two tv's and free WiFi which was great. There is a storage shed outside the units front door that contains a multitude of items you can use for the beach (chairs/cart to lug things/umbrella).

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the bed linens and bathroom towels were high quality (not your standard hotel linens as I was expecting). Nice beach towels are also provided! This condo has a great balcony where we spent a lot of time-drinking coffee, eating breakfast and having late afternoon cocktails. The view is lovely!

Thank you for a great time!
*p.s. The air conditioning works GREAT!

Room Tip: Ocean view..can't beat it. Wonderful for watching sunsets.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#12 of 59 in Naples

Been to Apollo Condominiums? Share your experiences!