“An Amazing Adventure!”

Backwater Adventure
Ranked #13 of 87 Tours in Marco Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Drive your own 2 seat catamaran, while your guide leads you through the backwaters of Marco and the 10,000 Islands. Simply the best way to view nature only inches from the water.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

After meeting Lisa of Back Water Adventures at a Time Share luncheon at Club Regency, my husband and I ditched the idea of the wave runner tour. Lisa our tour guide was great! Our 11 yr. old son drove with her, while my husband, daughter and myself drove the other catamaran. We saw dolphins within the first 15 minutes, and Lisa took us into the 10,000 Islands mangrove jungle. Lisa was an excellent guide, making sure we didn't miss out on one ounce of nature. I would highly recommend Back Water Adventure over the wave runner tour, you get more "bang for your buck."

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Lisa and Doug of Back Water Adventure are great!! This morning, my husband and I and a friend all went on a tour with Backwater Adventure. We met Lisa at a time share presentation and social event at Eagles Nest in Marco Island last night. Lisa was passing out summer special flyers. On paper the concept looked cool, but in person it was even better! I was the passenger and my husband drove the boat. Our friend went with the guide and co-owner Doug who was great. Doug switched places and let our friend drive on the way back. We saw a manatee and dolphin within the first 10 minutes, but it was quiet the rest of the way. The weather was perfect. It was fun, different and relaxing. A jet ski rental is $80 for 30 minutes. This was 3 hours for a little bit more and so much more fun for the passenger. A must do when in Marco or Goodland, FL!!

1  Thank Bandit1977
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was an amazing excursion. Boats were very cool and comfortable and easy to drive.The price was camparable to other like tours that we have been on, well worth it. The mangroves were beautiful. Riding through them was like riding on glass. Lisa was an excellent guide, very attentive and made sure we saw all the 10,000 Islands had to offer. Saw quite a few dolphins and even saw a manatee. Will make it a point to go on another trip next time we're in the area!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This trip was an awesome adventure! Lisa couldn't have been any nicer and Kevin was a great help! We saw dolphins all around us. At one point the dolphins were jumping out the water. It was breath taking and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The boats are fun to drive, safe and you feel independent. We are a family of six and hope they have another boat next season (which they said they would) because we cannot wait to go again all together. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I had been wanting to do a 10,000 Islands tour of some sort. We had read about the jetski tours and pontoon party boat tours when we ran across an ad for Backwater Adventure. Their choice of craft looked unique and comfortable. Lisa was very personable on the phone when I called, so we booked a tour. What a great choice we made! We saw dolphins, Manatees, and even, and this is rare.......we saw two shark about 8 ft in length MATING in the shallows!! this is a MUST DO tour when you are in the Naples, Marco, Goodland. We will do it again and again!