“Great family-run motel”

The Boat House Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had to be on Marcos Island for business and all of the big hotels were sold out so I ended up at the Boathouse Motel. It was a great choice. The room was very large including a kitchenette and a sitting area. While it is a bit of a distance from the Marriott and Hilton, the taxi fare is only $6. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. It was great to support a local family.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jeffrey R

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a most wonderful stay. the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. The staff was friendly and gave great advice about local happenings. Their advice to go to the history museum on a rainy day was perfect for me.

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank Afletchf
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I were returning to Marco Island for first time since 1978. At that time we lived
in Miami and Marco Island was just being developed - we remember staying at the original 100 room hotel that is now the Marriott and the rest of the island was still virgin territory. Imagine our surprise when we saw a sign directing us to the Marco Island Historic District - that really made us feel old ! The good news was that we stumbled upon the Boat House and decided to stay the night - the room was extremely comfortable and clean as a whistle. After a long drive a cold beer on the Motel's dock overlooking the water was really welcome with the added bonus of a visiting dolphin swimming closeby.
Would definitely recommend the Beach House for an overnighter - very good value and excellent reception.

Room Tip: Only 20 rooms - don't worry about the view as most travellers sit on the dock
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stonehenge123
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here Jan 5 after our cruise because of all the good reviews I had read.The rooms were very spacious, decorated comfortably and very clean. We got there late that afternoon to watch the sun go down (rental car problems in Miami). Would have loved to enjoy the day relaxing by the beautiful waterfront and to have been able to stay longer. Next time. And Desiree couldn't have been nicer. She had no problem with my husband using her computer for a brief airline update and I had left an article in the room which she mailed to me. Really followed through. And within a short walking distance we had the best appetizers and the piano player was fantastic! A nice ending for a birthday and a nice stay at the Boathouse!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank toadtraveler
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our first time at the Boat House Motel in Marco Island Florida. If is in Old Marco for those of you who know the island. It is very quaint and comfortable. The room was larger than expected, very clean and the staff is very friendly. The Boat House is on the water and we watch the boats go, people catching fish and pelicans diving for their catch. We plan to return next year with other family members also joining us. Parking is very close so for someone like me we packs everything including the kitchen sink I didn't have to bring everything to the room. I just left it in the car and walked about 20 feet to the car. The are tables and chairs out on the deck and a nice pool. There is a washer and dryer and ice machine It has all you need. The room had a nice size fridge, table chair, desk, TV and a microwave. The price of the room was reasonable I can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: We were in the middle on the 1st floor when I go next year I plan to request a kitchenette
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cheryl F
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My only regret about our stay at The Boat House is that we only had one night there. I was speaking in Marco Island and were were on a whirlwind tour, so only had a brief stay here, but it was just the relaxing place we needed.

The room was clean and comfortable and the location is wonderful, right on the water. This isn't a big resort with a restaurant and bar, but those are a 30 second walk up the street. There is a small pool. Desiree, who checked us in, could not be nicer or more accommodating.

This is a family owned inn with charm and did I mention location? We could see dolphins playing in the water's edge.

We were at a party this past weekend and were talking about our trip to some friends and found out that The Boat House is their favorite place to stay on Marco Island. This was no small coincidence since we all live in California!

Marco Island is a lovely place and I hope to return for a longer stay some day. Would I stay at The Boat House? You bet I would.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms on the end of the motel, beside the water.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank panoramarick
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My sister and I recently visited Marco Island for a weekend family reunion. This was our first visit to The Boat House Motel. We were greeted by the owner who was friendly, accommodating and patient with all of our questions. Our room was on the second floor, with no elevator but this was our only inconvenience. We were pleasantly surprised by the room which included a king size bed and a single bed in a small alcove, which felt like a private room for me. There was a microwave, refrigerator and sitting area. The room was spotless and there was always a parking spot upon our return from dinner. The location was perfect, allowing us to quickly explore the Island. I would definitely return to the Boat House. We also saw dolphins swimming right by the hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for end unit on second floor which has a nice balcony overlooking the water. Be a.ware t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#12 of 59 in Naples

Been to The Boat House Motel? Share your experiences!