“short but sweet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Houston, Alaska
“short but sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here Jan 5 after our cruise because of all the good reviews I had read.The rooms were very spacious, decorated comfortably and very clean. We got there late that afternoon to watch the sun go down (rental car problems in Miami). Would have loved to enjoy the day relaxing by the beautiful waterfront and to have been able to stay longer. Next time. And Desiree couldn't have been nicer. She had no problem with my husband using her computer for a brief airline update and I had left an article in the room which she mailed to me. Really followed through. And within a short walking distance we had the best appetizers and the piano player was fantastic! A nice ending for a birthday and a nice stay at the Boathouse!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank toadtraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Bernardsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our first time at the Boat House Motel in Marco Island Florida. If is in Old Marco for those of you who know the island. It is very quaint and comfortable. The room was larger than expected, very clean and the staff is very friendly. The Boat House is on the water and we watch the boats go, people catching fish and pelicans diving for their catch. We plan to return next year with other family members also joining us. Parking is very close so for someone like me we packs everything including the kitchen sink I didn't have to bring everything to the room. I just left it in the car and walked about 20 feet to the car. The are tables and chairs out on the deck and a nice pool. There is a washer and dryer and ice machine It has all you need. The room had a nice size fridge, table chair, desk, TV and a microwave. The price of the room was reasonable I can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: We were in the middle on the 1st floor when I go next year I plan to request a kitchenette
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Cheryl F
Cambria, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My only regret about our stay at The Boat House is that we only had one night there. I was speaking in Marco Island and were were on a whirlwind tour, so only had a brief stay here, but it was just the relaxing place we needed.

The room was clean and comfortable and the location is wonderful, right on the water. This isn't a big resort with a restaurant and bar, but those are a 30 second walk up the street. There is a small pool. Desiree, who checked us in, could not be nicer or more accommodating.

This is a family owned inn with charm and did I mention location? We could see dolphins playing in the water's edge.

We were at a party this past weekend and were talking about our trip to some friends and found out that The Boat House is their favorite place to stay on Marco Island. This was no small coincidence since we all live in California!

Marco Island is a lovely place and I hope to return for a longer stay some day. Would I stay at The Boat House? You bet I would.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms on the end of the motel, beside the water.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank panoramarick
South Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My sister and I recently visited Marco Island for a weekend family reunion. This was our first visit to The Boat House Motel. We were greeted by the owner who was friendly, accommodating and patient with all of our questions. Our room was on the second floor, with no elevator but this was our only inconvenience. We were pleasantly surprised by the room which included a king size bed and a single bed in a small alcove, which felt like a private room for me. There was a microwave, refrigerator and sitting area. The room was spotless and there was always a parking spot upon our return from dinner. The location was perfect, allowing us to quickly explore the Island. I would definitely return to the Boat House. We also saw dolphins swimming right by the hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for end unit on second floor which has a nice balcony overlooking the water. Be a.ware t...
5 Thank kidtalk
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent a week in the Gazebo, it was fantastic. The views are spectacular, dolfins daily and at night we had tons of entertainment hunting crab passing by along with watching the fish in the lights right outside our door!! Each morning there was always beautiful herons, pelicans and other wildlife passing by. All this with a tv and wifi for those of you whom might feel a little off balance. All was clean and the beds comfy, we did not need the kitchen but it was there. Just a short walk for dinner too.

4 Thank Trish N
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I recently spent a week at The Boat House Motel in Marco Island, Florida with my two young boys on our Christmas vacation. We had a wonderful time as usual. The accomodations at the motel were great! Our room was very clean and had enough room for the three of us to play games, eat and watch the bowl games. The motel sits on the edge of the Marco River with plenty of boat watching from the dock (i think the dock is new). The pool was fun too. If you want to save some money and stay on an island where everything is around the corner, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: The Motel does have a room on the 2nd floor that overlooks the water and sunsets. It was booked at t...
5 Thank Dean A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Found the place by accident just looking for an affordable room in old town Marco. Very pleasantly surprised. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Location is awesome! Rooms are quaint and clean.
Small, family run place I will be returning to.

• Stayed January 2013
#4 of 59 in Naples
Naples Bay Resort
#6 of 59 in Naples
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,498 reviews

Been to The Boat House Motel? Share your experiences!