This is the second time we have stayed here and this time it was for the lead up to our wedding and for a few days after before we went on honeymoon. Because most of our wedding guests were coming from the UK we wanted a place that was a focal point for all of them to be able to relax and mix with one another.
We therefore choose to hire the Gazebo which is situated over the water on stilts. It has a large lounge and dining room, two great sized en-suite bedrooms with very comfortable beds (one room has twin beds) and a kitchen. It is fitted with its own Wi-Fi, TV/Cable and all the home comforts you would expect. It is fair to say that on first sight there are a few things that you think might benefit from being updated. But to be honest its like a nice cosy house and you very quickly settle in and enjoy its ambiance and don't have a second thought and accept it as it is.
The Gazebo turned out to be the perfect choice, it was great for having parties, and having a private dock and large deck with dining table and sunbeds, made it the perfect place for us all to sunbathe and watch the mad pelicans belly flopping into the water and the dolphins playing in the water. At night time you had the very relaxing sounds of the water lapping underneath the floor and sometimes a dolphin catching fish.
It is perfectly situated just a few minutes stroll to some great restaurants and bars, it has a small swimming pool for guests, a laundry room with washers and dryers and lots of parking. Because of its location it is also felt very safe and secure.
If all the above was not enough special mention must be made of Desiree and her staff who quite simply could not do enough to help and for their commitment to customer satisfaction could easily put any $10,000 a night hotel staff to shame.
Overall a fantastic stay in an amazing place, what are you waiting for book now!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated since 1994 The Boat House Motel is a quaint little place tucked away in Olde Florida. In this quiet and peaceful environment you will enjoy nature at its best while being close to “civilization”. We are committed to preserve the charm of “Olde Marco”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Boat House Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boat House Motel Hotel Marco Island
- The Boat Hotel
- Boat Hotel Marco Island
- The Boat House Motel Marco Island, Florida