All reviewsdock areawatching the boatsmarco riverboat slipsold floridawithin walking distancenice dockthe snook inndolphins playingsmall poololde marcosaw dolphinsking roomclean roomscoffee makergreat place to staykey west
Reviewed August 11, 2011

very clean and great accessability to food and activities in old historic marco island.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank loiscapuzzi
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The place was clean and peacefull! I loved the looking out into the ocean everyday. The staff was very nice and the price was GREAT! I would recommend this to everyone. It is awesome!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank 1Indianagirl
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I go to Marco Island 2x a year and have never stayed in Boat House Motel. The trip advisor review were very good and I decided to try it. I travel to Key West about 7x a year and this Marco Island property had a real Key West feel. The owner is very nice, rooms comfortable and clean. The parking lot is convenient to the rooms. The property has a great water view from the pool and dock area. I would recommend it to anyone not looking for a big resort type property. There are restaurants within walking distance.

6  Thank travelinggal49
Reviewed July 20, 2011

A very brief backstory; my husband and I had been trying to get away for a year with several vacations having been canceled due to kidney stones, blizzards, and mono. We FINALLY made it down to Florida; while driving to the Boat House Motel our daughter's camp called; she needed stitches. For the next 2 hours we struggled to arrange this from 1500 miles away, even locating a place to fax a permission slip. Upon arrival at the Boat House, we briefly told the owner (Desiree) just how difficult it had been (and was continuing to be!) for us to get away. Desiree immediately went out of her way to make us as comfortable as possible. We stayed in a condo and found the view gorgeous (yes, there are dolphins right in front and gorgeous shorebirds) and we settled into a 5 day stay. The crack of dawn of the third day my mother called; my dad's pacemaker had failed, he was in ICU and not doing well. (He has a new pacemaker now, and is home) Of course, we immediately arranged to fly home as soon as possible. I called Desiree to tell her and fully expected to not see a refund; it wasn't any fault of the motel that we had to leave, and JetBlue certainly hadn't hesitated to happily slam us with a massive "ticket change fee." I was not prepared AT ALL for Desiree to offer us a credit to use in the next 3 months if we can come back down. Even if we can't use it, the consideration shown to us by the owners was above and beyond what is typically shown. JetBlue could learn a bit from Nick and Desiree!!

Room Tip: Opt for the condos. They are worth it.
4  Thank nancycccslp_11
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We heard about The Boathouse Motel from our friends who highly recommended it. The overall appearance of the motel was neat, clean and appealing. The pool was crystal clear, we had plenty of ice and the dockage for our boat was conveniently located at the rear of the building. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. They told us about all the restaurants that we could either walk to or drive to by boat or car. We stayed in a single room that was clean, nicely decorated, with plenty of storage. The price was also very affordable, especially since we had our boat with us. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we can't wait to go back. Thank You Desiree for such a great time!!!

Room Tip: We chose to go off season, so the room rates were great. Our room was very clean and neat. It had alot of ammenities for your comfort.
3  Thank BeachAngel7