“Fun sports bar!”

Marco Island Brewery
Ranked #35 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fun sports bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We always turn to the brewery when we want to relax, watch a college basketball game and have good food! The staff is very accommodating and friendly....we had Tasha wait on us last night and she was great!
The bar-b-que chicken pizza was very tasty and will definitely go back!!
Thanks for getting our game on one of the tvs....really fun!

Visited January 2014

Dayton, Ohio
“Good beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Went here for an after-dinner beer. We are big fans of craft beers, especially IPAs. We both ordered the IPA - it was good. Not the best we've had, but worth having.
If this were a stand-alone brewery, it would be better. The strip mall atmosphere takes a little bit away.
They have tons of big TVs, great for watching sports while still sitting outside. (Although I would recommend Dolphin Tiki to get the island experience on the water while still catching the game.)

• Visited December 2013
Verona, Wisconsin
“Continues to amaze us......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I reviewed this restaurant last year...not glowingly. We really want to like this place, as it has a good location for us, and we would like to enjoy the outside seating..but...they just seem to keep getting it wrong. Our most recent visit, and sadly our last, included the same issues we've encountered in the past. The outside seating area had the curtains down as it was quite cool, and although we can overlook the leaves that had fallen from the trees, the addition of several cigarette butts wasn't in the least very bit appetizing. What does it take for a busboy (3 of whom were sitting just outside the kitchen BS-ing for our entire meal) to sweep the sidewalk? It wasn't very busy, maybe 40 customers, so it isn't like they didn't have time. Now, on to the dinner. Granted, we had the discounted early bird special (12.95). My wife had the lobster, and I had the steak. The lobster was ok, but I wouldn't have served the steak to my dog. It was full of grizzle, and I think I shaved 6 small pieces of meat off that I could chew. Admittedly, you can't expect an Angus beef filet for $12.95, but come on. If you're going to serve a steak, it has to be at least edible. The area behind the bar (where the beer vats are) was cluttered with crates and other junk that should have been in a storage room. The bar where we were seated obviously hadn't been wiped down for a while.
It continues to amaze us that an establishment with SO much potential, can be such a disappointment. Maybe the standards on Marco don't have to be on par with other destinations. A good cleaning, a reno of the seating area, better lighting, and a motivated staff would go a long way to making this place twice what it is. (Did I mention that my wife has been in hospitality management positions for over 14 years in top properties?)
The one positive is that our server/bartender was efficient and friendly.

• Visited January 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Keeping it Simple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is average, but the service you get is actually quite exceptional, they treat you like your own and make you feel very comfortable!

• Visited January 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good sports bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I can't compare this restaurant to anything else on the island as it was the only place I ate at during our short stay. However, on the night I went it was exactly what I wanted: a place to get some decent food, some beers, and a place to watch the game.

Food was standard bar fare. Beer was cold, not a lot of craft options. No cigar city?? Plenty of TVs and the manager was accommodating putting on the game you want.

I don't think this place is actually a "brewery" though. My suspicion is the beer production is outsourced in some capacity. Place is too small to be a brewpub. Only two taps worth of "their" beers, which was strange. Tried their red ale, it was fine. Wasn't really a true red ale in taste and appearance. It had a taste of coconut on the finish which was unusual.

If you're in the area looking for a sports bar, go for it.