“Great Place”

Ranked #17 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining on Smokehouse Bay...Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and sushi. Large full liquor bar. Salt water aquariums, waterfall, and family-friendly for children. Dogs are welcome for patio dining too. Gluten Free menu choices, as well as vegetarian selections. Numerous fresh seafood choices. Family owned and operated. And Marco Island's premiere catering service!
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My family and I eat at mangos very often. The staff is very friendly and polite. The food is excellent and fresh. We have family come to town often and Mangos is our first stop especially for Sunday brunch

Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our party of 5 sat outside on a very nice evening. The setting by the docks and the good drinks were the highlight. Unfortunately the food was average at best. The crab cakes were deep fried - a nice way to ruin them. My wife couldn't finish her sushi as it wasn't up to par. The grouper sandwich had a huge wedge of lettuce in it - had to be eaten as an open faced sandwich. The burgers were hearty and seemed to be the best meals at the table. Go for the drinks, the setting and the burgers, and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Considering the friendly nature of those running the front of the house, I expected our server to be as warm and welcoming, I was disappointed. The guy was obviously rushed and annoyed when we needed oh, five minutes to check out the menu. I inquired about gluten free bread being available and he confirmed this with the kitchen. I ordered a burger, ten minutes later I reminded him that I would like it on gluten free bread. As he was walking away, and from across the bar he yells "It's kinda late for that, but I'll check". I was surprised that he actually said that out loud! Really?

So I order coffee and it comes in a plastic mug…hmm?

Alright I am picky but if I'm paying $17 for a burger, I'd like a good burger, I'm no top chef but I could've made a better smaller burger on the grill at home. This was a colossal conventional ground- beef burger you literally have to eat it with a steak knife, nice gimmick… NOT! It was like 5lbs(not really), not the kind of thing most would be able to comfortably eat when your dockside on a warm sunny day. I had the mango/cheddar burger but the terribly thin slice of mango was lost under a heap of melted cheddar cheese making it a cheddar cheese burger with a slimy something underneath (the mango) the flavor completely lost, not good. I ate half the burger and left it there, it wasn't good enough to save for a midnight snack and I didn't have a backpack to bring the rest home anyway.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Weekly Happy Hour with friends on Thursdays was a huge disappointment when we arrived one evening to find the sushi menu had drastically changed because the sushi chef had moved on. The House Chef is fabulous, though sushi is not his specialty, so the menu was limited to basics. Well, the new sushi chef is in place and the menu has been expanded again and is GREAT. Plus if you don't see what you crave, tell them and they will make it for you...

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I ordered the fish special, it was art on a plate and tasted great! We sat outside and enjoyed the heaters at it was a little chilly. Would definitely go back anytime!