“Good food and atmosphere”

Mangos Dockside Bistro
Ranked #17 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining on Smokehouse Bay...Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and sushi. Large full liquor bar. Salt water aquariums, waterfall, and family-friendly for children. Dogs are welcome for patio dining too. Gluten Free menu choices, as well as vegetarian selections. Numerous fresh seafood choices. Family owned and operated. And Marco Island's premiere catering service!
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food was excellent and worthy of 5 stars. Unfortunately the cocktails/drinks were poorly made - our upgraded margaritas had to be sent back and the mojito had no flavor. Outdoor patio seating near the harbor is nice, but can be buggy later at night. There was live music from CJ's on Thursday night which was fun to hear. Overall, I'd return for the food and atmosphere but would stick to wine or beer.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Over the years, I have enjoyed many very good meals and some not so good at almost every restaurant on Marco Island. In my opinion Mango's Dockside Bistro is without a doubt the Best of the Best.

During my recent visit (5/10/13), I ordered the 6oz. Filet of Beef with Mango Demi Glace Mashed potatoes and green beans. The steak was of a high quality, cooked exactly the way I ordered it, the Demi Glace was perfect... not too sweet with a slight bite that complimented (without disguising) the true taste of the steak. The potatoes were freshly made with a hint of butter and the green beans were steamed and still had a slight snap.

The service and attention to detail that I received from everyone at this restaurant made me think I was at a 5 Star Restaurant in New York.

In the past worked as an Executive Chef and General Manager for several quality restaurants and I can say with all honesty that I have rarely had a better meal. I will be returning to Mango's every time I am on the Island.

1  Thank Bob R
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the beautiful view but was disappointed on the meal. While they are above average in their offering a decent gluten free menu including gluten free toast (very impressive), I was disappointed in the pineapple fruit/ chicken salad entree. For $15, the portion of chicken salad should be more than what was given. Furthermore, only pineapple and strawberries made up the entree. Simply adding blueberries and oranges, etc. would create a much more interesting and tasteful presentation. Sweet and sour dressing accompanying the salad was also disappointing.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I came here for sushi it was by far the worst sushi I ever ate .. It was wrapped in all rice and nothing inside the roll .. It was very taste less ..

1  Thank Snappy635
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It was worth our time and we will be back. The owners went above and beyond to make sure we were happy.