“Amazing dining experience”

Ranked #16 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining on Smokehouse Bay...Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and sushi. Large full liquor bar. Salt water aquariums, waterfall, and family-friendly for children. Dogs are welcome for patio dining too. Gluten Free menu choices, as well as vegetarian selections. Numerous fresh seafood choices. Family owned and operated. And Marco Island's premiere catering service!
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Mango's setting is beautiful as it overlooks the Bay. The ambiance was wonderful and upbeat. Our waiter was named Doug and did an excellent job as well as made us feel special. The food was exciting including dessert. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Lauren F, Owner at Mangos Dockside Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thanks so very much for joining our family at Mangos! We are striving to provide everyone the very best in dining out. At Mangos, we serve breakfast, lunch and dinner...and you won't find another restaurant on Marco Island with 270 seats that serves all 3 meals. We also have a Sushi Bar. Hope to have you in again...come enjoy spectacular sunsets!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,627)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

it all starts with atmosphere which was checked off by the very friendly staff, a stunning dockside view, and a huge smoking martini glass, to let you that they were proud to feature their impressive drink menu. My wife had the key lime martini and she melted with how good it was.

Our server was young and knew the menu so well, not afraid to make perfect recommendations. She checked on us at the right times, letting us actually enjoy our drinks and appetizer - a huge fresh nacho platter with every ingredient featured. Layers of flavor 101.

For dinner, my wife had their steak burger which was cooked to perfection and was accompanied by mango coleslaw - wow.

I had the shrimp and clams over linguine and I could barely finish it. Tons of clams in this dish and they even left a few in the shell, though just a fresh as the mixed in ones.

Dessert was insane- a cream cheese stuffed pretzel with ice cream and whipped cream on top. Just insanely good.

The owner or other GM walked around talking to everyone, including us. I apologize if this mobile version of my review has errors but this restaurant was the highlight of our dining experience in Marco.

The "kids from Philly" enjoyed it.very much!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I visited Mango's on Monday Sept. 17 for a late lunch, around 3-4 pm. We were able to get a nice table inside, facing the marina, with beautiful water views. Everything about our visit was great; we have absolutely no complaints. Everything, including the drinks, were fresh and tasted homemade. Our server also made our drinks; unfortunately, I can't remember her name, but she was great. She made a mango mojito with fresh mango-infused rum that was different, refreshing, and delicious, and also a great margarita. I had the grouper basket, and even though I wasn't that hungry, finished it all. My husband had the Monte Cristo, which he enjoyed. Our server was very nice, attentive, and friendly, and I feel awful that I can't remember her name; it might have been Jenny, but I'm not 100% sure. The owner Annie, also a very nice lady, came to our table to talk to us; turns out she was also the chef. She had made raspberry preserves from fresh raspberries to dip the Monte Cristo in, and even though I normally really dislike raspberries, I have to say that it was delicious. We brought the little that was left over home and I used it to top some waffles. It was incredibly good. I wish I would've thought to ask if she sold it by the jar. When I visit there again (and I will), I'll be sure to ask. She also mentioned that they're known for their breakfasts and brunches, so maybe we'll do one of those next time. We recommend this restaurant as a friendly, enjoyable, and informal family restaurant. Prices are reasonable for the area.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here with friends a few nights ago and had a dreadful meal. grouper and also lobster was overcooked and dry. Since we found the meals considably overpriced, it was not a pleasurable experience.

1  Thank Islander34420
Reviewed September 23, 2012

this restaurant is in the top 10 on marco. the food is very good. they have a great chef and he makes your food to order. the bar is a great place to have a cold one and the new bartender jen makes you feel right at home. the wait staff is is wonderful and very nice. the owners ( did not get thier names) go to the tables and ask how everything is. very nice. if your on marco stop in you like it and you will love the views.