We had a long weekend with our 11 and 16 year old. We spent 4 nights here. The hotel was lovely and the staff extremely friendly. Didn't spend much time in the pool bar so I have no comment with regard to bar staff. The drinks were very expensive so we kept our pool/beach drink service to a minimum. Did not order food at the beach, but saw people that did and the bird issue, stealing food was not that bad. The hotel was not that busy and was clean and calm. The beach staff were WONDERFUL! They made sure you were comfy and brought around glasses of cold water and sherbert in the afternoon. We rented a waver runner right on the beach and enjoyed the beautiful beach and warm ocean water and breezes. The negative comment I have is that when you are looking out your window you feel like you are far away from the beach. You feel clustered in a mass of buildings. The lay out of the hotel is very different, you wind around entry ways and canopies, which are lovely to get where you want to go, but different. The Bell staff are very pleasant and always speedy with the car delivery. Rooms are excellent. Ordered room service every morning the staff were so professional and made us feel very special. Service was great. The required attire made us feel uncomforable before we arrived, after arriving no one made us feel under-dressed. We did not bring suits and ties/evening clothes so we had no intention of going to the restaurants inside the hotel. We left each night to dine elsewhere. Tara's -Great, Arthuro's-wonderful, 5 Brothers outstanding pizza, A great little restaurant out past the marina.
that had the best Pawn Dinner it was like eating Lobster. It is not cheap, but well worth the money, it is to be expected on a resort Island. The other annoyance was that the brush fires started the night before we were leaving. You could see the smoke in the air and smell smoke in the room with the windows closed and A/C on . I felt sorry for people who were just starting their vacation-It was awful!
I would go back to this hotel it was lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort epitomizes the AAA Five-Diamond standards. Marco Beach Ocean Resort features casual and elegant dining, a spa and fitness center, pool and hot tub, rooftop gardens, four miles of white sand beach and nearby golf, tennis and shopping. Complimentary smoothies on the beach and pool offered daily at 3pm. Wireless internet available complimentary to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelPower, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Marco Beach Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Beach Ocean Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Resort
- Marco Beach Resort
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Hotel
- Marco Beach Ocean Resort Marco Island, Florida