“Absolute Relaxation”

Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 10, 2005

My wife, 2 daughters and I stayed at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort from 7/29/05 through 8/05/05. The hotel staff was outstanding, friendly and very helpful. The sunset views from our 11th floor, 2 bedroom suite, overlooking the Gulf of Mexico were amazing. The beach is filled with beautiful shells and is easy on the feet. Over 3 miles of beach to walk or jog on every morning was a huge treat and a great way to burn dinner calories from the night before. Highly recommend the shelling and dolphin excursions offered at the hut located in front of the Regency hotel. The hotel grounds are immaculate and the rooms are spacious and very clean. Maid service twice a day with turndown service having your robes lying and waiting on the VERY comfortable beds every night after returning from dinner was a nice touch.
Sale E Pepe, although a bit expensive, is a must for dinner. Other places we highly recommend: Cafe De Marco, Arturo's, Pelican Bend, Bimini's and Mc Cabe's Irish Pub & Grill in Naples.
Marco Island is very laid back and relaxing. If you're looking for a party atmosphere at night you will not find it here which in our opinion makes the island special. We knew this in advance and looked forward to getting away from our busy lives for some much needed rest and elegant relaxation.

• Stayed: August 2005
29  Thank VegasinApril
Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed August 9, 2005

I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Ocean Resort.
It was meant to be a relaxing trip with my kids and mother.
It was great! The 1 bedroom suite we stayed in on the 5th floor garden view level was perfect. Even though it was the lowest price room I would pick it again! We had a small grassy area outside of our room that was gaited in and very private. It would be great for those with small children. You could let them play outside the room in the "yard". A 30 second walk and you were at the pool! No view , but we liked it the best!
The beach area was very nice. I was used to Aruba and got up at 6 am to reserve my beach chair and to my suprise they didn' set them up until 9 am. That was great! It forced me to sleep in. There were plently of beach chairs and pool chairs. No need to worry about reserving them. The pool was smaller but very clean and nice. The lemon water at the pool and beach was so great. I stopped packing a cooler to bring with me because the water was refreshing and always available.
The room was great for us, equipped with microwave and oven-stove.
We stopped by the Walmart grocery store on the way in and had breakfast and lunch in our room, which saved a lot of$$$.
Bring your own coffee though. The pot is 1/2 the size of a normal pot but the prepared coffee/filter is for a regular pot. It was always so strong we couldn't drink it.
The bathroom ,marble tub, marble shower was superior to other hotels with the moldy grouted tile! I looked forward to the shower!
They even had robes available.
We have been to Marco many times before so we knew there was little night life , but that is why we came...to relax. No shopping,sightseeing ect.
Just beach, pool and rest. The movie theater is unique..it is actually a theater/resturant combo. You can eat and drink during the show!
We ate dinner at Snook inn and Nicks Backwater and it was ok. Not spectacular but outside dining.
I have been to the Marriott, the Radisson and the Hilton in Marco before.
I would pick the Ocean resort again for the kitchen amenities and the 5th floor "rooftop' room.
Remember to bring all you need to the beach, it is not quick walk back to the hotel.
The service was average. The staff was not overly attentivie, but I don't let that ruin a vacation. Sometimes I had to ask twice for things but eventually It was taken care of. I though the valet parking would bug me..But it ended up being a plus. I never had to wait long for the car and it was nice and cool when we got in.
For our situation tis hotel was exactly what we wanted. We had a great 5 days of relaxing in the sun and didn't spend a fortune!

• Stayed: August 2005
27  Thank mkb03
FL
Reviewed August 7, 2005

I want to say the hotel was nice and very clean, and simple requests were honored in a timely fashion. The beach is nothing to brag about, the waters were merky, greenish, and the sand was very rough on your feet. If you didn't go to the beach early enough then you would be seated in back of someone else overlooking lounge chairs and beach umbrellas. The pool area was small, the bar was definitely not inviting, and the music is off at 5pm. I definitely believed their was a curfew in this ghost town. The town closes at 9pm. is that incredible or what.
We also went to Snooks Inn, the waiter told us to hurry up and order and to grab the salad bar before they put it away, was seated on this terrible bench seats, I thought was overpriced for what services and meals they offer, and lastly got rained on our food while the employees ignore the fact your food is getting wet, but get automatically charged a 18% gratuity fee, I HAVE NEVER EXPEREIENCED THIS TYPE OF SERVICE. The next day we went to Captain Brians Restaurant at 9pm and was told it was too late. I really felt that Marco Island was not a tourist freindly place and will certainly not return again, regret not going back to the beautiful beaches and great services in Mexico.

Stayed: August 2005
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2005

My wife and I just returned from a 5 day getaway at this hotel and we were pampered each day we were there. The beach service is excellent and we saw dolphins every day. The best time to see them is before 10am or after 4pm. Dinner at Sale E Pepe was outstanding with excellent service and a knowledgeable sommelier. If you like fine dining, drive to Naples and eat at Bleu Provence. This was one of the best meals we have ever had and this restaurant compares favorably with the best restaurants in Atlanta. One evening we saw a movie at Marco Movies and this is the coolest theatre we have ever been to. You can eat a full meal or do as we did and have popcorn and beer while you take in the movie. A waitstaff will take care of you during the movie... a truly unique experience. Also try the Irish Pub in the parking lot of Marco Movies. The singer was outstanding and the decor is authentic. Try Breakfast Plus for a good inexpensive breakfast. We had massages at the spa and they matched the rest of the hotel - outstanding. There is much talk of the shells on the beach. You must wear some type of shoe but the shells do not detract from a great beach with beautiful sunsets. We will be back next year!

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2005

We just returned from 6 nights at Marco Beach Ocean Resort We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. Very roomy. Everything was spotless and the housekeeping staff kept it that way. The bed was very comfortable. It is a pillow bed and has down pillows and a down comfortor. One of the hair dryers did not work in one of the bathrooms. I notified the front desk and within 10 minutes it was replaced with a brand new one. No delays here. The beach staff is friendly and as stated in another review, they do take you to a chair and lay out a towel for you. The pool was at a perfect temperature and the pool side service was wonderful. Valet parking only. There is a $15.00 per day charge for this. The valet staff was quick, professional, and friendly. We ate at Sel de Pepe for dinner one evening. The food was outstanding as well as the service. Expensive. The meal for 4 including 2 glasses of wine and tip was nearly $280.00. But you can save up for this excellend dinner by eating quick lighter meals in the room. The suite we were in had a full refridge, sink, dishwasher, stove and microwave. There was a set of dishes for four and pots and pans, along with a toaster. A short drive to the grocery store is worth the effort. We preferred Winn Dixie over Publix. I did not try out the spa services, but I would expect them to also be at the same level as the rest of the hotel. The exercise room is well equiped, with bicycles, eliptical trainers, several weight machinges and free weights. It gets a bit crowed with about 5 people in the room, but is still managable. When we called for a bell hop he was there shortly and our car was pulled to the front, trunk open, air conditioner running, and 4 bottles of ice water set up for our drive back to Illinois. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. We are already looking forward to returning.

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I booked this hotel for 5 nights. I read the reviews on tripadvisor which helped me make my decision on this resort. From the moment we checked in the hotel staff was very courteous, polite, and was willing to do just about anything to make your stay a pleasant one. The rooms were spacious suites with a queen size pullout in the livingroom area. The balcony overlooked the gulf of Mexico (Great Sunsets) and the beach area. Having a kitchen in the room was very helpful. We all ate breakfast and lunch in the room everyday, savong lots of money. There is a Publix supermarket a few miles away to get you grocery needs. We ate dinner out eveery night, the restaurants in the area are just "ok" . Cocomo's, Bimini's and the Snook Inn were high priced, and the food just average. The pool is on the small side, but you dont have to rush down in the morning to reserve a chair for the day. The beach is nice, and you will get a chair and umbrella when you arrive there. There is turndown service everynight. We will definetly come back to this resort next year.

17  Thank ericm315
Reviewed July 9, 2005

My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary at this spectacular resort from July 5 - 10th. Even a little thing like a hurricane could not stop our amazing vacation! We were treated like royalty and will miss the personal touches that make this place special! Who will turn down our beds and let us know the weather for the coming day? I can't say enough about this beautiful resort. The only down side was that my husband lost his wedding band :(. So if anyone reads this and found a two tone men's wedding band on the beach after July 6th, please contact me at RCogan8@aol.com! The ring belonged to his father and it is very special to him. It is yellow gold with white gold in the middle with a raised design. There is a date inscribed as well. The hotel was amazing about helping us look for the ring. We even received a call from the security manager letting us know that he also looked for it on the beach and will be continuing to look after we leave. Enjoy your stay at this fabulous place! We also met an amazing family from Yonkers and that really added to our fun!

13  Thank RCogan8
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!