“MBOR delivered on relaxing getaway”

Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ewing, NJ
“MBOR delivered on relaxing getaway”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband, 2 year old son and I spent 5 days at MBOR in mid-May. I had chosen the hotel based on it's outstanding reviews on Tripadvisor.com. We had a one bedroom suite on the 8th Floor. Our suite had beautiful gulf/garden views. The suite was exceptionally clean, even the bathroom--which was spacious. We loved having the kitchen. We did take-out from local restaurants and ate quite a few lunches and dinners from our balcony. We only dined twice at the hotel. Once was a poolside lunch--the food was very good and the other time was room service dinner, also very good. Everyone we came into contact with (front desk, valet parking attendants, bartenders) was outgoing and helpful. We didn't spend a lot of time on the beach (turns out my son doesn't like sand on his feet!) but it was lovely. The pool wasn't huge but it was never overly crowded and we even had it completely to ourselves a few times. Overall, the trip was exactly what we wanted--relaxation in a beautiful setting. I would definitely go back and in fact, we're thinking about doing that this winter. Before booking in May, I had checked the price of a suite at the Marriott next door---$700 per night! I feel like I got a good value at MBOR. Some local tips: we ate breakfast every day at the Petit Soleil. Food and service were wonderful. We also took a trip to the Naples Zoo--which was a fun way to spend an afternoon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank NikiCCEwing_NJ
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for the nice remarks. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Hermitage, PA
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I've written lots about how much my family and I love MBOR. After 3 years we finally realize why we do. It's the service. The staff and management GET IT! Other resorts may have bigger pools, flashier lobby's, more restaurants and all the bells and whistles, but MBOR has simply the BEST service anywhere. From the guys at the door who refused to let us carry up our groceries, to the front desk who took care of any our requests like providing us with a baking pan and extra towels for our late night swim at the pool , to the concierge who set up our reservations and taxi daily, to the beach staff who set up our chairs and towels and provided us great food and drinks and to the cleaning ladies who made up our room daily,these people have been trained on how to run a resort like no other. If you want to be treated like you are someone special then MBOR is your place. I tip my cap yet again the Marco Beach Ocean Resort.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BobbyG16148
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and the resort. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Ventnor City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a quick three night trip without our kids. We absolutely loved this property and would definitely stay here again.

Our room was pretty, comfortable and mostly functional. I say mostly because there were very few drawers for storage; we lived out of our suitcases during our short trip. The drawers on both TV armoires (in bedroom and living room) did not open. I eventually got the courage to ask about this; I felt like an idiot for not knowing how to open the doors and drawers, but when I asked I was told those drawers and doors are purely cosmetic and do not open. There was a small, tall bureau inside the bedroom closet.

The bathroom was large, and the robes were comfy. There is a tub and on the other side of the bathroom there is a large, marble shower. My only complaint about the bathroom is that there is no where to keep a towel within reach because when you open the shower door it blocks the towel rack on the wall.

We paid for a full gulf view, and it was worth every penny. Magnificent view from the windows as well as from our wonderful balcony. I've read other reviews where people complained that the restaurant building partially blocked their view of the gulf. What they obviously didn't realize is that they didn't pay for a "full gulf view" and therefore they shouldn't be disappointed when their gulf view is partially obscured.

ALL of the staff were fantastic during our stay. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, the concierges were great (one got us a same-day dinner reservation at the restaurant rated as #1 on TripAdvisor), but the bellman were really the best. The only option for parking is valet parking. They are right there when you pull up, and when it's time to leave they get the car faster than you'd expect.

Another incredibly nice feature is bar and lunch service at the beach. A no extra charge, as soon as you walk onto the beach you speak to the guys and get escorted to your beach umbrella and lounge chairs; they set up the chairs with towels, and then that's your beach spot for the day as long as you want it. Waiters continually come around to provide food/drink service, which you charge to your room. A grilled mahi-mahi sandwich with a fruity frozen drink on a beautiful white sand beach with emerald waters and bright blue sky ... we felt like we were in heaven every day.

My first day on the beach, the waiter, Jason, hands me the laminated menu. I apologize for taking so long to read it and make my choice. In a happy and friendly manner he said, "No rush, sir, you're on vacation relax, take all the time you want, I'll wait." Nice!

The layout of the buildings is a little unusual. The building is sent back further from the beach than most of the other hotels and condos. Walk to the beach is not at all unpleasant, but it does require some maneuvering around. You have to choices: take an elevator to the fourth floor, walk outside onto what you would swear is the ground floor but is really the fourth floor roof of the parking structure (but you'd never know it from there), walk along to another elevator (the beach elevator) to get to the actual GROUND outside; or take the main hotel elevator to the first floor, walk through a nicely-decorated sliver of the parking structure, then walk outside and walk past the beach elevator. From that point, everyone walks along a canopy-covered paved path that make a kind of C-shape in order to walk around a small building from the neighboring condo (there is a fence around it). You then walk a straight line on an uncovered paved path, past the outdoor bar (with is the ground floor of the restaurant building) until you get to the boardwalk that takes you over the dune and onto the beach. (ALL properties on Marco have a similar boardwalk over the dunes). Like I said, it's not an unpleasant walk, it's just unusual.

My wife and I agree, when we return to Marco Island, we're returning to Marco Beach Ocean Resort.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank CleveRocks
Thank you for your compliments and recommendation. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, the gulf and our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
Havre de Grace, Maryland
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I had 6 wonderful days at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. The staff was attentive and helpful. We had a gulf/garden view from the 7th floor. Room was nice and evening turn down service was fantastic. Very quiet and relaxing trip Strongly recommend including the breakfast with the beach and breakfast package.

Room Tip: If you want a full gulf view you need to go to the 10th floor and up
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gretchen K
Thank you for the nice remarks. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort. We hope you will come visit us again in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This year once again for the 4th of July weekend we chose the Marco beach ocean resort as for us, it had been the #1 pick for a close to home weekend getaway for the past 7 years, Being our family's birthday month, we travel in a group to celebrate several of our family's birthdays in the month of July. Part of the group stayed at the neighbor Hilton, but we decided that as usual we would stay here, To our disappointment, this time around everything was wrong, To begin with this year our first baby grandson was coming along so we wanted it to be extra clean. Well the first night there was a roach in the master bedroom. We had a two bedroom suite and a sofa bed in the living room on which a 12 year old child would sleep, that is if the mattress would have let her rest, because the springs were so sharp and the mattress so thin, that she was not able to sleep that night, besides there were no extra blankets in the hotel. The following morning as we intended to brush our teeth the running water was hot (not cold or warm) and the sink in the guest bathroom was clogged. They brought a new mattress for the sofa bed and they fixed the sink but the water remained warm-hot for the rest of the trip. The air conditioning broke the next day, and they had to bring a fan so that at least the baby could sleep without sweating, but it was so noisy that it was impossible to sleep that night. There was no ice in the refrigerator ice maker because it was not working and to top it off there was a leak from the fridge and as i walked in the kitchen i nearly fell. The manager tried to solve the problems as they appeared but they were just too many things. They offered us night free of charge and a refund on the last day due to all the inconveniences but to this day we have not received it. We will never stay here again.

Room Tip: the rooms are all apartment like - suites which used to make it a great spot to stay with families t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank gpmia
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are terribly sorry that your stay was less than exceptional while you were with us. Please be assured we will address your comments within our operations team and do everything we can to ensure this does not happen again in the future. In regards to receiving your credit, please contact me directly at nashj@marcoresort.com and I would be happy to look into this for you. Again, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.
S. Charleston, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Expedia, made a good choice. As I checking in I am told we have been upgraded to the 11th floor, what great views of the gulf. The valet and bellhops were always very friendly and willing to help. The pool is a little small, but always got a chair. Now the beach, what great service, the staff walks you to your chairs, sets up your towels; then the wait staff is there to bring you almost anything you ask for. The entire hotel staff was friendly and attentive, I will be more than happy to come back and visit the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. Thank you for making my families vacation stay a good one!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank quaid05
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your compliments and comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful resort experience. We will certainly share your remarks with our team members. We look forward to seeing you again.
Glaagow
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel in june after a week in Orlando. It was absolute perfection for what we were looking for after a week in the disney parks. The rooms are a great size and beautiful view over the gulf. All beach equipment is including in hotel room price which is great. Breakfast every day was too a high standard and young waiter called Ivan was very friendly and welcoming everyday. I would recommend the pancakes for breakfast.
Beach food was also good and extremely fast and efficient service aswell!
There are some restaurants within a 5 minute walk like daVinci italian which is very handy at night. You are also a close drive to naples.
I would definitely return to this hotel and enjoy another relaxing week!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank mfuller1903
Thank you for your recent visit to the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable resort experience with us. Please come back and visit again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
#4 of 12 in Marco Island
JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!