“Great service, nice resort”

Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great service, nice resort”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Overall, we were really pleased with our stay at the resort. We felt the staff was very attentive to our needs and knowledgeable about the island. The one bedroom suite has a kitchen, which is nice if you don't want to go out for every meal. The room was clean and furnishings didn't look tired and outdated. There's room service twice a day and they clean your dishes if you cook! Noise was an issue, but not voices though. We were woken up two mornings around 6 am because we had neighbors above us who constantly were opening and closing their patio door for some reason.

They really made the stay enjoyable for our young children, 2 and 4. Baby sea turtle stuffed animals were delivered the first day, and since it was Easter weekend, there was an Easter egg hunt with plenty of eggs in the garden terrace one morning and you could arrange for the Easter bunny to deliver a Easter basket of treats.

On the beach, the staff sets up chairs and an umbrella for you . You can also order drinks and food on the beach. As other reviewers have noted, the pool area is small and can feel crowded at times.

The food and drinks were a little hit and miss from the Beachfront Bar and Grill. Some of the sandwiches were just ok and a little pricey. The quesadilla and shrimp were tasty. My mojito tasted watered down. (It was a warm day on the beach, but I still should've still been able to taste my drink.) I got a frozen drink on another day, which was a lot better. We ate at Sale e Pepe one evening. Beautiful patio area. Food was also very good and they had a kids menu. There is a breakfast buffet at the restaurant ($22 adults, kids were half off) with an omelet station, fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, breakfast meats, etc.

Last thing, when you make a reservation, be sure to check for the option with a $75 daily food voucher and free valet ($18 daily). It isn't that much more than just getting a room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your compliments regarding your stay over Easter. We would also like to apologize for any challenges you experienced with our food and beverage services. We will look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The first couple of days just went by Ok, the staff on the beach were nice and as soon as you got to the beach would set up your chairs. Then... came the wedding.... So we, the guests, became a bother... no more staff on the beach to set your chairs and give you the towels,,, as the beach was all set up for that wedding.... they left some chairs that we pushed really aside... but most of the chairs were staacked up so you wouldn't try to get one. Then I ask for 4 chairs to accomodate my family but they just told me to sit on a chair that was just at the entrance of the beach... then the little way to go to the beach was almost not accessible as it was block for the pictures of the bride !!!! Like I care... and then all the guests of the wedding were on that passage way blocking it... Anyway I talked to some other guests who were pretty upset the way they were treating because of that wedding... Guests are not welcome when there is a wedding taking over the place. So make sure if you go that it is wedding free !! We travelled to many places were wedding are happening but there is a special place for the event and guests are not even aware it is happening and they are certainly not asked to move from the beach ( that is so unprofessional and without class).
Any event happening in the hotel should not be interfering with guests and guests should not have to listen to the wedding (speakers were put on the beach) if they don't want to.
The rooms were nice and clean. The front desk people were Ok but sometimes rude . The concierge Meagan was really helpful. One of the bellman (tall with glasses) was very nice when he brought the luggages to our room but after that he was very unfriendly when we would just ask him some directions (may be he just wanted his tip ??? and we are generous but may be it wasn't enough ???)
So do not expect too much regarding customer service. It was also strange to us to have to go through a garage to access the beach but we got use to it. It is just different.
We did not use the pool as it was very small and would not really allow you to swim.
The view from our one bedroom was gorgeous... ocean view.
It would also be nice to get some water bottle in the room... I think that is a basic necessity. There is no place on the resort just to buy a water bottle (only sodas).

Room Tip: a room with a view !
3 Thank lifelight
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any staff member who did not provide you with exceptional service. Please know that your comments were addressed and we continue to strive for excellence to ensure all of our guests have a memorable experience with us.
Powhatan, Virginia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you are looking for a place to Relax, this is the place. The service was excellent and the beach is beautiful. We sat on the beach everyday in great beach chairs while having drinks delivered to our chairs in the sand. Every afternoon they bring around ice cold smoothies to everyone on the beach staying at the resort. Very nice place for couples and families

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We appreciate your compliments regarding our resort. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Central PA
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights over Easter. The valet service was excellent during our stay. I gave the resort 4 stars for a few reasons. First, the rooms are quite small. Once the sofa bed was out, there was very little space. There is also very little space to store anything. With four people, we had no place to put our belongings and luggage. We basically lived out of our suitcases. There were two wall units with TVs that had fake doors with no storage. However, the bathroom and kitchenette were very nice. The cleaning service was excellent, both day and night. Second, the food was very overpriced, and frankly, not that great. Luckily, we had a food/beverage credit to use each day...otherwise we have gone elsewhere for meals. Of course the drink prices were sky high too. The beach area was excellent, ample space for guests. The pool was OK...a bit small. It was often hard to find a seat. Overall this was a nice place, but I think I would only return if it was just my husband and I in the space. It was quite expensive per night for very small rooms...and upgrading would have obviously made it even more expensive.

1 Thank Linseyduo
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and our staff. We will certainly pass on your comments to our team
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at MBOR, went during Easter break, so plenty of guests and kids, but the pool only felt really full one day, we were always able to get chairs, the beach was wonderful and the service both on the beach and at the pool was top notch. Food at Sale e Pepe was great, found some very good wines at decent values (food and drink overall is a bit pricey...).

There was a new manager on site and you could tell he was on a mission, I hope he continues. I had heard that the standards (though still good) had slipped. This is such a nice resort, I hope it maintains and improves.

Room Tip: HIgh floor low number rooms have a great view.
1 Thank Shawn91
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for selecting the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We appreciate your compliments regarding Sale e Pepe and the pool and beach staff. We will certainly pass on your kind comments to our team. We will look forward to your return.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed April 14, 2014

First time at this supposedly elegant hotel. Price of rooms were expensive. When I walked into my room I felt like I was in a fox hole. No sunlight and no view . When I immediately asked to change rooms they were unable to accommodate me. Also my room was across from the trash and mechanical rooms. What I later found out was that I was put in a handicapped room! Which I did not request. This was supposed to be a fancy, elegant hotel and needless to say I was incredibly disappointed and will never be returning to it anytime soon. Word to the wise make sure you ask a lot of questions about your next hotel booking regardless of the rating!!

Room Tip: Ask a lot of questions about your room. Specifically request what you want and Don't want.
7 Thank Linda F
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize we were not able to accommodate you with another room upon your request. I am unsure what room location you are referring to regarding being near the trash and mechanical rooms as I am certain our guest rooms are not near either, however I will have my team investigate your concerns. Please know that your comments were addressed and that we continue to strive for excellence to ensure all of our guests have a memorable experience with us.
Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is my very first review on TripAdvisor and I just had to write about our fantastic stay here. My husband and I also had a brief stay, 3 nights 4 days. Wish we could of stayed longer. We arrived at MBOR early, at around 1:30 and we didn't think the room would be ready yet. But to our surprise, one of the valet gentleman checked and the room was ready which was great! We walked in and Gina at the front desk greeted us with a smile. Our check in was fast and Gina mentioned we had the best room in the house. I thought to myself, yea OK, how many people does she say that to in one day! LOL She continued on and said that the our room has the best view of the sunset - dead center. So afterwards we went to our room, changed and headed to the pool. The pool was a bit small I thought but it was OK - we dealt with it.

We stayed in room 1201. Our room was very big and clean. I reserved a one bedroom suite, but we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite which was nice. The King bed was very comfortable. The first night we decided to order room service from Sale E Pepe, sit outside on the balcony and watch the sunset. I then remembered what Gina said about the sunset being dead center, and she was right! It was absolutely breathtaking!!!!! Thank you, Gina!

I also want to take the time to mention about your employee Megan in concierge. Prior to us leaving for our trip, Megan and I emailed back and fourth and she gave me great recommendations on where to eat for dinner and she made reservations for me also. But then I kept changing my mind on where I wanted to eat and I felt bad that she had to do all the extra work and cancel reservations that she has already made. Throughout all of my indecisiveness, she was still very pleasant and friendly which was nice to see. Thank you, Megan! :)

And your valet service... superb!!! Each day when we would call down for our car, they would have it out front as soon as we get down there! Always very prompt!!! Each time they would ask if we needed directions and opened the car door for me. What service. Thank you all!

We loved our stay so much that we are already looking into going back in the Fall - for 5 nights this time. We are checking out prices as we speak. Thank you for the wonderful experience and looking forward to seeing you all again real soon! :)

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the beach/ocean. If you reserve a high room, request room 1201...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cheryl R
Thank you for your recent visit to our resort. We are pleased that our staff was able to help make your stay more enjoyable. We hope you return to see us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#13 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!