“A Great Place to Stay”

Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We totally enjoyed our recent stay here. The staff was just as friendly and helpful as they could be, the service was just outstanding. Our two bedroom suite was very comfortable and clean. The maid service was excellent, the room was cleaned thoroughly each day and what few requests we made were answered quickly and completely. The main part of the hotel is not beachfront but there is a pathway that is about a two minute walk and puts you right on the beach where the hotel staff provides chairs, umbrellas and towels. The grounds and public areas are clean and well-maintained. Food and drink are cheerfully served at both the beach and pool. The complementary smoothies served at 3PM each day are a nice touch.

Room Tip: For the best ocean views aim high, get above the seventh floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for recent stay at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. We will look forward to seeing you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was our first visit to the Marco Beach Ocean Resort although I'd passed it many, many times on the way to the Hilton Marco Island. We decided to stay one night in Marco on our way to Key West and also booked one night at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort for our return trip. I selected the Marco Beach Ocean Resort because of the Tripadvisor reviews and photos shown on the hotel web site.

Let me preface this review by saying Brian, the Front Desk Manager, addressed and resolved to our satisfaction, areas of concern, however; I would not return to this hotel for the following reasons:

The view from our "One Bedroom Suite Full Gulf View" room overlooked the rooftops of a condo complex and one floor of the hotel. The Gulf is off in a distance and certainly not what I would consider in "full view.". Hotel management cannot control the location of the property but be aware that the hotel is set close to the road, not the Gulf.

Upon arrival, the valet was nowhere to be found. We waited and eventually he arrived and reluctantly greeted us. I opened my own door and my husband removed our luggage. Later that day, the same valet from the drivers seat, reached over the center console a flung the passenger door open causing it to swing back and close again. Is this how you respect your guest's property?

We arrived about a half-hour early and I appreciated having access to our room earlier than check-in. The Front Desk Agent extended a half-hearted greeting, at best, and promptly asked for my credit card and identification. No warm welcome to be had that day.

Our room keys did not work so back down to the lobby we went. I was instructed to insert the key very slowly, but if that didn't work, it may be a malfunctioning lock.The second set was very touchy as well, requiring multiple attempts until the door opened.

Our luggage arrived within the hour but was placed on the luggage rack next to the sliding closet doors in the bedroom blocking access to the closet, telephone and bed. I had to move all 5 pieces to a more suitable location. It was then I noticed the dresser is actually inside the closet allowing only limited access to the drawers because of the nightstand immediately in front of it. The ironing board is housed in the closet next to the dresser. If you have a bad back, don't even think about maneuvering it out of the allotted space. I've posted a photo of this arrangement.

You have to walk through an underground parking garage to get to the restaurants. Not wanting a big meal, we opted for the outside snack bar where we ordered 2 drinks at $11.00 each, served in a plastic, ice-filled cup and a basket of fries. An 18% gratuity was added to the bill for what was mediocre service.

Around 7pm we visited the pool area.. Towels were scattered about the deck,, furniture disheveled.. When we walked toward the pool bar, the bartender looked directly at us and turned out the light. So much for service above and beyond.

There is a nasty lip on the sliding glass door leading to the patio. You're expected to know this as there is a sticker posted warning you to watch your step. I've posted a photo of the sticker in our room, about 2 inches of worn letters, peeled and folded over on itself making it near impossible to detect or read.

The front of the cooktop was crusted with dried food/liquid. The oven could have been cleaner and the can opener should be replaced. Picture included..

The toilet did not work properly. It would flush but only if the handle was held down through the entire process. Not wanted to spend my evening with the engineering dept. in our room, we dealt with it.

Showers are very narrow. My husband has broad shoulders and had a difficult time in such a small space.

The furnishings are comfortable and attractive, although the living room is very crowded. There is a huge armoire that goes through the wall, housing a very small flat screen for both the bedroom and living room. Again, a huge piece of furniture with no storage capability.

Room service was prompt, food was average. You will pay 18% gratuity plus a $5 delivery charge.

I simply wanted to check-out and did not ask for compensation of any kind. Brian offered to refund half of the $200+ room charge. He was polite, professional and concerned, unlike others I encountered.

During check-out I forgot to cancel the second night I'd booked for our return trip. Less than one hour later I contacted the MBOR reservations dept. It was Monday morning,, the reservation was for the following Thursday. I was told I could not cancel my reservation as the hotel has a 7 day cancellation policy. I asked to speak to Brian and told the agent I'd had an unpleasant experience the night before. She abruptly told me that Brian was "not her Manager," but she would let me speak with someone. I was put on hold and shortly thereafter she returned to me stating my credit card would be "refunded" for my upcoming stay. She was abrupt and curt and only wanted to dismiss me. No apology, nothing that would indicate the least bit of concern.

I can only speak to my own experience with the MBOR. Needless to say, I will not be returning.

5  Thank MEEZERPLEASER
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for recently visiting the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We appreciate that you have many destinations to choose from as a traveler and are happy to hear we were selected. On another note, we were disappointed to hear that your stay did not fully meet your expectations.

We appreciate that as an experienced traveler you have cultivated feedback to share with others, however we feel that speaking with our Assistant Front Office Manager was a sufficient means as to provide us with feedback so that we can further assist our guests. We are saddened to see that you still felt the need to express your frustration on Trip Advisor even though you have stated that Brian had resolved your issues to your satisfaction.

Although I prefer not to go into each detail of your review, I would like to let you know that we greatly appreciate you letting us know these issues so that we may continue to strive to exceed our guest expectations in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've stayed at many nice hotels but what stands out here are the employees. From the concierge Brian to the waitstaff in Sale Pepe (Tomas) & the beach bar where Najjia took care of us we were treated like royalty. Made our vacation wonderful. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: 7th floor & up view of gulf. Pool access 5 th fled if you have kids is convenient.
1  Thank nancy p
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for your compliments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly pass on your nice comments to our staff. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We spent four nights here and have nothing but the best things to say about this resort. The rooms are large and comfortable. The furniture is modern and well kept. The property is immaculate and all of the staff is eager to help you in any way. And, the beach, lots of chairs and umbrellas and bar and food service, what more can one ask for?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review or our resort. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a total of 6 travelers. Our suite was BIG and very comfortable. It was particularly great for kids because we had a full kitchen. We ended up eating at the hotel mostly because it was easy and we were on vacation. We loved that we all privacy and 2 big clean bathrooms. The hotel was quiet. no hallway noise. Everyone was friendly.
The grounds were well maintained, well staffed and gorgeous. The beach was ideal. I can't think of any aspect of our 5 night stay that was negative in any way.
I know it was good because a few days after we got home and I was thinking of when I could get back to Marco Island Resort! Also we got a great price!!

Room Tip: I choose a lower floor(6) to save money and it was totally fine. We still had a view of the gulf. An...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you selecting the Marco Beach Ocean Resort to host your family’s vacation. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you are already wishing to come back! Thank you for your review, we truly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Just returned from a one week stay. First the good...staff is friendly and attentive to all your needs. The hotel location is on the best stretch of Marco's beach. The hotel ground are well maintained as are the lobby and halls. Our suites, however, really showed signs of age and use and was in dire need of updating. The granite countertop in our suite had numerous chips. The wood furniture has seen better days with chips and nicks on all the pieces. The sofa was very uncomfortable with sagging cushions that made it difficult to sit and watch television in the evening. Don't get me wrong, I like this hotel/condo and have visited here three times over many years. If it wasn't for the best staff in Marco we would select another hotel...this old girl's rooms need a makeover.

Room Tip: Select a high floor for million dollar sunset and beach views!
3  Thank Trebor6929

Thank you for your recent review of our resort. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our location and our service. In regards to your suite we apologize that it was not up to hotel standards when you checked in. We do wish that hotel management was informed of this so we could have had the opportunity to touch up your room while you stepped away to enjoy the beach. Periodically we do a preventative maintenance program in our suites, meaning we go from room to room and make improvements as necessary. From your review it seems we may need to revisit your room. Please feel free to email me personally at: nashj@marcoresort.com so that we can follow up in regards to the condition of your suite. Again, we appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort in October. The customer service at this hotel is outstanding. From the valet, bellmen, front desk staff, concierge...everyone is helpful and kind. The hotel is beautiful. Our 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen was clean and spacious. We ate at the beach bar - delicious crab cake sandwich - huge portions. Dined at Sale e Pepe for breakfast and one evening. Wonderful food, presentation and service. Loved happy hour. Bartenders were very friendly. Within walking distance to many restaurants. Great beach - complimentary chairs and umbrellas. We would definitely return to this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Beachfront - to enjoy the sunset from your balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for your compliments regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful resort experience. We will certainly share your remarks with our team members. We look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!