“We'll Be Back. You Should Come!”

Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“We'll Be Back. You Should Come!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Absolutely wonderful staff - pleasant, attentive and really made us feel like guests in their home. Clean, spacious rooms and every room has an ocean view. Sale Y Pepe, the restaurant within the resort, is top-notch. Living in a big, "foodie-destination" city in the midwest, I was genuinely blown-away with the meal we had there. The pool is a little small, but there's a small, 6-8 seat bar tucked in the corner. We spent most our time on the beach, where the staff takes drink / food orders. Beach around the resort is pristine and reserved chaises, small tables and umbrellas are available for no extra fee. Also, I was mildly obsessed with the scent in the lobby. Just heavenly and really sets the tone for the entire experience. Well done, team Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Garden access on floor 5 with private entrances from the garden. Same level as the pool so expect fo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff and beach. The scent in the lobby gets a lot of compliments, that's for sure and we thank you for noticing! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I just returned from the most relaxing and most enjoyable stay at this resort. This is a 98 room boutique hotel that has the best staff I have ever encountered in all my travels. From the minute you arrive - you feel special. They attended to everything we needed. Kudos to Branka at the Concierge - she is top notch and steered us in the right direction everytime. You have one special lady working at this resort. I also must mention Tom at Valet. He greeted us each and every time with a smile and a big hello. Even took photos of me and my son and shared with us his wonderful photographs. He is a gem. Be sure to dine at Sale e Pepe - it is not to be missed!! Pricey but delicious from start to finish. I would recommend booking a two bedroom if you can. We had a one bedroom and the sleeper couch gets a little unconfortable for an extended stay. The kitchen is clean as a whistle as was the rest of the suite. The bathroom is huge and the added extras of having hotel robes in the suite and the turn down service were real bonuses. The pool is small but there is plenty of seating and a great pool bar (a little pricey for drinks) with great food. I wish they had organized pool activities for the kids. Must also say the beach staff is fantastic as well. They greet you and set up your lounge chairs with towels at beach side. Get there early to get a front row seat on the beach. Bring money for tipping - there are a lot of people always willing to help you. We had a few minor problems with the suite and they were all fixed within 10 minutes of reporting the problem. I have never had such prompt service anywhere. We didn't dine or drink at the beach bar as it is not in a great location - more like in an alleyway. And beware of the boardwalk to the beach in the early morning. It can be very slippery from the rain and morning dew. I almost fell twice until I tried the real slow walk approach and that did the trick!!

This resort and island will stay in my heart for a very long time and we will return again!

Thank you to the Marco Beach Ocean Resort for adding to our family memories!!!

Room Tip: Request a high floor for the beach view. We were on the end of the fifth floor and were able to see...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 21KathR
Thank you for your compliments! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass on your compliments to our staff. Please come back and see us again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was beautiful and so clean. The lobby smelled like heaven! The staff was so helpful, and respectful of our need to relax and be left alone. We had an issue with water pressure and water temp and it was fixed within five minutes. Their concierge found us fun things to do in the evening and even found us coupons! Food and drinks were good. Beach and pool service was excellent. So overall, pretty much perfect. I had one issue and it might not be a big deal to anyone else.
The pool was very small and the atmosphere was more country club than ocean-side resort. I wanted something more tropical with maybe live music and dancing in the evenings.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience. Please know that we will take your comments into consideration. We hope to welcome you back soon.
yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

A really lovely resort with lovely staff. A little disappointed that there was no lounge area or bar in the evening for our group to meet for drinks and relaxation. Felt the resort was really lacking in this area as we had to leave the complex if we wanted a drink after 9pm. Didn't realise it was an apartment complex and not a Hotel, maybe British booking sites are a little miss-leading. Restaurant lovely as a special occasion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jonesYorkshire
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for selecting the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We appreciate your compliments regarding the restaurant and our staff. We will be happy to pass on your comments to them. We would also like to apologize that you did not feel the resort fit your night life needs. We hope you come back and stay with us again in the future.
Longwood, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This Resort had everything my wife and I could have asked for. The rooms were very nicely appointed. The view off of our 10th floor suite was spectacular. And the Beach was exactly what we needed including having lunch and drinks served to us. This is a full service resort and they do go all the way for the guests. We look forward to coming back for a another restful and luxurious vacation in the near future.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view but all are great
1 Thank Paul G
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations, beach, and our staff. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Ft lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I just got back from the Marco Beach Ocean Resort after celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary,and just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay at your resort. From the welcome bottle of champagne for to the extremely and cordial staff,we cannot find one thing wrong with our stay (well maybe our fridge could have been a little larger, but then we would have eaten more LOL)
All the employees from the valet,front desk,bar,pool and beach staff were so gracious and helpful we felt like we were staying at a 5 star hotel rather than a suite! one final note,, Ronnie in Sale e Pepe was probably the nicest and best waiter we have ever dined with,, ask for him if you dine there although i am sure they are all great,, thanks also for the desert anniversary plate,, great time and sure will be seeing you again. one more thing we also did the couples massage,, wow that was great and relaxing, try it!!

Room Tip: like others have said, try for 10 and above, we were only 2 so we had the 1 bedroom suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff members. We will be happy to pass on your comments to them. We will look forward to your return.
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family of five traveled to Marco Island with two other families, one of 4 and the other of 3. Us being complete disney maniacs of course had to stop for a short 5-days vacation in disney. We usually stay about 10 days, so its easy to say that we were going non-stop those 5 days we had. From there, we traveled to marco on the 4th of August and, because of the long drive and other factors, we didn't arrive till 10 pm. We called ahead to let the front desk know and they genuinely answered that it was absolutely no problem. So we arrived and were approached by a valet driver. I wish I could remember his name. He was there every night of our stay and helped us out in every way possible. He made us feel so welcome and even took the time to show us his wonderful photography when he was off duty. (Let me tell you, you'll see his work in galleries. It was magnificent.) The people at the front desk were so warm and welcoming, even at 10 pm. And trust me, we're a tough group to handle, ESPECIALLY at 10 pm haha. We headed up to our rooms which were on the 11th floor (full gulf view). My family had a two bedroom and the other two families had a one bedroom. The two bedroom was much larger than the one, so I would definitely recommend spending the little extra cash. However, the one bedroom was a good size. It did have a complete kitchen, though smaller than the kitchen in our two bedroom. Still, the room was very comfortable. Our view was spectacular. Waking up to the ocean every day was just amazing and I've never seen sunsets like I did on our trip to marco. Trust me, the gulf view is so worth the money. There's no other way to do marco island. The concierge was very helpful. They booked us a dolphin sight-seeing excursion, (which I highly recommend! the dolphins came right up to the boat!) para sailing (which again, I highly recommend! Spectacular!) and reservations at Sale e Pepe. The restaurant is so amazing. The food was wonderful. I also got a reflexology massage, my friend got a facial, and one of the couples in the other families got a couples massage at the resort spa. It was fantastic. The beach was...I don't even have words. The beach staff were so amazing, especially Joseph. He was always so welcoming to our family from the very first day. We were always greeting with a smile and a, "so great to see you on the beach today." or something else welcoming. The attendants were truly at our beck n call. I felt like royalty. The beds could have been a little less stiff but that was just a minor detail. Checking out on the 9th was a very sad day for all of us. No one wanted to leave! Over all, this was amazing trip and think every one in our huge party of 12 can agree that we will be back soon. We loved our time here. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Marco Beach Ocean Resort

Room Tip: *request a room on the 11th or 12th floor. Definitely the best rooms. *if you want a full refriger...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie D
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accomodations, staff, and overall resort. We will certainly pass on your kind comments to our team. Thank you for selecting the Marco Beach Ocean Resort for your vacation. We look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#12 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!