“anniversary getaway!”

Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I just got back from the Marco Beach Ocean Resort after celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary,and just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay at your resort. From the welcome bottle of champagne for to the extremely and cordial staff,we cannot find one thing wrong with our stay (well maybe our fridge could have been a little larger, but then we would have eaten more LOL)
All the employees from the valet,front desk,bar,pool and beach staff were so gracious and helpful we felt like we were staying at a 5 star hotel rather than a suite! one final note,, Ronnie in Sale e Pepe was probably the nicest and best waiter we have ever dined with,, ask for him if you dine there although i am sure they are all great,, thanks also for the desert anniversary plate,, great time and sure will be seeing you again. one more thing we also did the couples massage,, wow that was great and relaxing, try it!!

Room Tip: like others have said, try for 10 and above, we were only 2 so we had the 1 bedroom suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for selecting Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff members. We will be happy to pass on your comments to them. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family of five traveled to Marco Island with two other families, one of 4 and the other of 3. Us being complete disney maniacs of course had to stop for a short 5-days vacation in disney. We usually stay about 10 days, so its easy to say that we were going non-stop those 5 days we had. From there, we traveled to marco on the 4th of August and, because of the long drive and other factors, we didn't arrive till 10 pm. We called ahead to let the front desk know and they genuinely answered that it was absolutely no problem. So we arrived and were approached by a valet driver. I wish I could remember his name. He was there every night of our stay and helped us out in every way possible. He made us feel so welcome and even took the time to show us his wonderful photography when he was off duty. (Let me tell you, you'll see his work in galleries. It was magnificent.) The people at the front desk were so warm and welcoming, even at 10 pm. And trust me, we're a tough group to handle, ESPECIALLY at 10 pm haha. We headed up to our rooms which were on the 11th floor (full gulf view). My family had a two bedroom and the other two families had a one bedroom. The two bedroom was much larger than the one, so I would definitely recommend spending the little extra cash. However, the one bedroom was a good size. It did have a complete kitchen, though smaller than the kitchen in our two bedroom. Still, the room was very comfortable. Our view was spectacular. Waking up to the ocean every day was just amazing and I've never seen sunsets like I did on our trip to marco. Trust me, the gulf view is so worth the money. There's no other way to do marco island. The concierge was very helpful. They booked us a dolphin sight-seeing excursion, (which I highly recommend! the dolphins came right up to the boat!) para sailing (which again, I highly recommend! Spectacular!) and reservations at Sale e Pepe. The restaurant is so amazing. The food was wonderful. I also got a reflexology massage, my friend got a facial, and one of the couples in the other families got a couples massage at the resort spa. It was fantastic. The beach was...I don't even have words. The beach staff were so amazing, especially Joseph. He was always so welcoming to our family from the very first day. We were always greeting with a smile and a, "so great to see you on the beach today." or something else welcoming. The attendants were truly at our beck n call. I felt like royalty. The beds could have been a little less stiff but that was just a minor detail. Checking out on the 9th was a very sad day for all of us. No one wanted to leave! Over all, this was amazing trip and think every one in our huge party of 12 can agree that we will be back soon. We loved our time here. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Marco Beach Ocean Resort

Room Tip: *request a room on the 11th or 12th floor. Definitely the best rooms. *if you want a full refriger...
1  Thank Katie D

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accomodations, staff, and overall resort. We will certainly pass on your kind comments to our team. Thank you for selecting the Marco Beach Ocean Resort for your vacation. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My daughter and I went for a few days of rest and relaxtion. The resort is one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed in. The service was excellent! The hotel grounds were clean and beautiful. Maid service twice a day,what a treat! Every staff member greets you with a smile and attends to your needs promptly. This vacation was better than we could have imagined! We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: The higher rooms on the south side have splendid views
1  Thank Elaine E

Thank you for your compliments and comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful resort experience. We will certainly share your remarks with our team members. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Took my mother and 2 teenagers for a relaxiation centered vacation.
Did not rent a car. used A -Class Transportation . They were prompt and the most reasonable.
Was able to check in early ,I am a preferrred guest( I signed up on the hotel website). I had a two room suite which was cheaper than getting two rooms. There was a pull out sofa, one queen and one king size bed. One bathroom had a tub and seperate shower and double vanity. The other a shower tub combo and one sink. The kitchen has a stove oven, dishwasher, and microwave.
TIPS: if you are planning on using the kitchen for cooking you may want to pack condiments, salt and pepper, and napkins. These are not provided. Having the kitchen saved so much money in food costs. The food in marco island, even at the grocery store, is fery expensive. we used A Carr transportation for speedy transport. It is six dollars plus tip to go anywhere on the island one way. they took us to the grocery store where we bought our groceries for the week. The pool is nothing special. Very average. The beach was beautiful and not too crowded. The only issue was the drama associated with getting a beach chair near the ocean. There is no system to getting a chair. For example, I arrived first and waited until you were allowed to set your things on the chair at nine. As I stood waiting, others came and took chairs and sat down wherever they pleased without waiting in line. some guests created a scene which was unpleasent for everyone else. i encouraged the hotel to develop an orderly way for beach chairs to be obtained. however, despite the unruly guests, the beach staff and manager Vessy did their very best to meet everyones expectations. if sitting in a beach chair directly in front of the ocean is a priority for you, I suggest, that you arrive at the beach stand at 7:30 am. i want to emphasize, that thier are plenty of chairs and umberellas for all guests at no charge, but if you want the first row you will need to make an effort.there are no floats or mats avalible for renting. Cheap ones are avalible at the grocery store. The free smothies at three o clock everyday were welcomed and appreciated. There was also water and lemon water avalible on the beach. Bring a water bottle for filling. Every staff member at the Hotel was friendly and helpful in every way. i had trouble with the door key and Vanka responded quickly to resolve the issue. When you arrive their will be a box of chocolates waiting for you, don take it for grAnted. These are the best chocolates you will ever eat. Overalll staying at this hotel was the best decision and will definitely stay at this hotel again when I visit Marco.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and recommendation. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful resort experience. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Came here for my cousin's wedding in June of 2013. A boutique hotel and extremely well done. Friendly and professional staff, very nice and elegant rooms, everything in excellent condition. Would compare to top-notch Ritz Carlton, etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 6 nights for our honeymoon and could not be happier. The customer service was the best I have ever experiences. They always greet you with a smile and try to do all that they can to make you happy. It was our first time to Marco Island and we went with this hotel because of the location. We were on one of the upper levels which I highly recommend because you get a full gulf view. Sunsets on our balcony are the best I have ever seen. My wife and I can not wait to go back to this place to enjoy everything about the hotel. If you are looking for a place to stay for your honeymoon, this is the place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lk2411

Thank you for the nice remarks. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff, accommodations, and the views. Thak you for selecting Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was the first time we stayed here and all I can say is "Customer Service"!!! Definitely recommend the 2-bedroom suite - it is the only room style with a full sized refrigerator! (Others have complained that they got a small refrigerator - do your homework and visit the hotel's website, everything is listed)

Free WiFi in the rooms, free beach chairs, umbrellas and beach towels. We had maid service twice a day.

To address things that other reviewers have "complained" about - Yes, there is mandatory valet parking for $18 per day. I found it nice to just drive up front and drop off your car. Any time I left I called valet from my room and the car was waiting. Not all rooms have an ocean view. We were on the 6th floor and could barely see the ocean over the tops of the trees - so what, we could walk to the beach. Yes, the walk to the beach takes you through the parking garage, past the beach bar & grill and over a boardwalk. No, you cannot step out of the hotel onto the beach - however, it was not that far of a walk. Yes, the pool is small but I never had trouble getting a chair and it never seemed too crowded.

I would suggest planning ahead and having plenty of cash for tipping. I was prepared for this (after reading other reviews) because it seemed there were many people to tip - car valet, luggage valet, maid service, people on the beach giving you towels, chairs and umbrellas, etc... For me this is just like going to a restaurant - if you can't afford to tip then you can't afford to go out.

Overall, the experience at this hotel was wonderful! You will feel pampered and afterall, isn't that what vacation is all about?

Room Tip: Only higher floors have true ocean view. Only 2 bedroom suites have full-sized refrigerators.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank psufdsci87

Thank you for your recent stay at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We are pleased to hear that you had a relaxing stay with us and that you enjoyed your accomodations. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!