“Most delicious meal and five star service!”

Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Most delicious meal and five star service!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just returned from Marco Island where we were fortunate enough to have dined at The Marco Beach Ocean Resort. The Italian waiter Massimo was eager to give us a culinary adventure as he expertly guided us through the authentic Italian dishes. The food was incredible! They even suggested half orders so that we might be able to enjoy a greater variety of items and not leave too stuffed. The ocean view from the patio was breathtaking. We also returned the next day for lunch and found it to be excellent as well. One of the best culinary experiences ever!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SlateCity4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Fermanagh
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for 6 days of relaxation, after the madness of the theme parks of Orlando. The moment we pulled up at the entrance to the hotel, our car doors were opened for us, and our luggage taken care of by the very helpful conceirage. We were staying in a two bedroomed suite on the 9th floor. We had a fabulous view of the beach and pool. The suite was beautiful, very clean and spacious. I agree with other reviewers that the kitchen could be better supplied with utensils. The only sharp implement was a bread knife. Difficult to chop and make a salad with!

I thought the absence of a washing machine would be a big problem, but we found a great laundrette about a mile from the hotel. For about $9 we could leave in a large bag of laundry for a service wash in the morning and collect it that evening. Definitely to be recommended if you are with a family as the laundry charges in the hotel were very high.

The beach was beautiful and was just a short walk from the hotel. The sunbeds and umbrellas provided by the hotel were very comfortable and provided great shade. It was lovely to have towels laid out for you each morning on your sunbed. The layout of the hotel is a little strange. To get to the beach or restaurant, you have to walk through the car park.

We felt very pampered staying in this hotel. The staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to be as helpful as possible. We would definitely return.

3 Thank Tonifermanagh
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent trip to Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We are thrilled to hear you could relax while you were with us. We have passed on your compliments to our staff. We wish to welcome you back one day soon.
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked this hotel based on TA reviews and the hotel website. Prior to booking, I called the hotel directly and spoke to Ashley at the front desk. I specifically asked if they have rollaway cots, and was told yes, and when I asked if there was any charge, she said no.. So, I booked a gulf front one bedroom with a pull out sofa, and requested online for a rollaway cot to be added to the room. I also was sent an email with an invitation to join the "I Prefer" rewards, which would entitle us to an upgrade on arrival.
When we arrived I inquired about an upgrade and was told "sorry, there is nothing available". We were shown to our room which was much smaller than it appears in the online photos. There is so much furniture in the room (big coffee table, excess chairs) that when you move the furniture to pull out the sofa bed, there is absolutely no room to move, and in fact the coffee table blocks access to the patio door. And guess what? There was no rollaway in the room, nowhere to even put one, and when I called down to ask for it, I was told "sorry we don't have rollaways" WHAT??? Why would you have told me there was? I booked this hotel based on the fact that it had a kitchenette, and we could have a rollaway.
Well now we have a problem, because my kids do not share a pull out sofa and the quality of that sofa bed was pathetic (thin mattress with the springs sticking out). But we had no choice, so my kids got NO sleep that night, and were grumpy and tired the next day.
When we went for showers, NO hot water. We called down and were told "oh you have to run the sink, the tub, and the shower all at the same time to get hot water. Really?
Then off to Sale e Pepe for an expensive dinner. I have a shellfish allergy, and informed the waiter of this. We both ordered filet mignon which was supposed to come with sea scallops and vegetables. They told me "no problem" that they would remove the shellfish. Well, what we both got was a small piece of dry steak, no sauce, and a tiny blob of mashed potato. No vegetables, nothing. It was the most unappetizing, pathetic dinner I've ever seen. My husband was served first, my kids were served, and I sat there wondering where my dinner was? Oops they forgot my food. By the time I got my dinner, my husband was finished his meat and potato. Terrible service! Was offered a free dessert, but when we paid our bill we didn't notice the already included 18% gratuity and we left a $20 tip on top of that. So we paid for our dessert! We were so disappointed, because we had been told the food was amazing, and the place was truly beautiful.
We were SO glad to check out of this hotel the next day, would never return here.

3 Thank kawarthas1
Robert_Fesik, General Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at Marco Beach Ocean Resort and your feedback. I want to take this time to address each of your concerns. We apologize you were informed that there was a rollaway bed included in the suite; please know that we have addressed this issue with all of our staff. I also would like to take this moment to explain the I Prefer membership program regarding upgrades. I Prefer upgrade is a one category upgrade, based upon the hotels availability; we were able to pull your reservation based off of your feedback and location and see that you had booked our highest room category available, therefore there is no higher upgrade than your guest room, without going to a two bedroom suit. I also show you expressed your concerns to the front desk about the suite layout, etc, and you were issued a credit for $100.00 which we find to be very reasonable for your concerns. Regarding your dinner experience at the restaurant, our restaurant manager tried to rectify your concerns with a complimentary dessert, I apologize you were not aware of the gratuity added to the check, most restaurants in resorts are adding in.
We understand that you are sophisticated and discerning travelers; however, we have also noticed that 50% of your reviews on Tripadvisor have been rated terrible to poor.
We believe we have acted in a manner that is extremely gracious and fair. Thank you for your visit and we wish your safe and happy travels in the future.
Boca
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

A really fantastic kid friendly place to get away and relax with the family, you don't have to leave the premises for anything. I strongly recommend this location for anyone looking to get away and totally switch off. We will be back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review and your recent visit with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with your family at our resort. Please, come back and see us again soon.
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great resort hotel right on the beach. Read the reviews prior to booking and amazed at how accurate some of these were. My 10yo old son has milk/peanut/sesame allergies, so I was looking for a place that had a kitchenette that would allow me to prepare his foods. Of course even with reviews you never know what to expect, but must say we were pleasantly surprised. There were some reviews that complained about how far back from the beach the hotel was..but it's not bad at all. Only a five minute walk along a beautiful path that the hotel created - very convenient access to both the beach and the pool. The pool was small but the seven of us (sons and nieces and nephew) still had a great time hanging out poolside after the beach. Here are some highlights and recommendations:

1. We had both a two bedroom and one bedroom suite. The resort photos of both and layout are accurate - rooms are beautiful and exactly like the photos shown on the hotel website. Two bedroom living area much more spacious than the one bedroom suite - so if you have a family of four - recommend the 2 BR.
2. We asked for a high floor after reading the reviews and glad we did. We had a gulf view and it was beautiful! We were fortunate that both the 1/2 BR suites were situated right next door to one another.
3. Kitchen -very sparse utensils. Had to go out and purchase a potato peeler and paring knife so I could cut vegetables. Other than that - I was able to make do with the plates, utensils, pots/pans that were provided and found the refrigerator, stove, etc. to be in good shape. Kitchen is great if you have kids that are allergic because you know how the food was prepared and don't have to worry!
4. Service - can't say enough about the service here! Everyone is just so friendly and helpful. You have daily clean up service as well as turn down at night. My oldest son loved the chocolates they left on the pillows. My youngest son was stung by a jellyfish and the front desk was very helpful. Thank you to Jennifer Nash (front desk manager) for all her help. I was a nervous wreck with my son's allergies - she helped keep me calm. Later that day, we returned to our room with a beautiful note from her /hotel as well as a dolphin as a souvenir from the trip. What a really great touch!
5. Smoothie of the day at 3pm was a treat. Also loved the guys at the beach that set up the chairs /towels at the beach. We stayed at the Marriott last year and I believe they charged our room for the chairs and towels. No charge here - just great service. Also loved the fresh supply of lemon water.
6. Restaurants - not a variety of restaurants at the hotel so we ate out at local places. Not a big deal for us as I prefer to wander out of the hotel anyway. Went to Arturos (Italian - absolutely the best Italian food I have had outside of NY), Kretch's (seafood - also great), Porky's (barbecue), and a Japanese hibachi grill (can't remember the name). The restaurant on site had great reviews from the people at the hotel that ate there, but the menu didn't seem to have much variety (which is why we chose another Italian place).
7. Beaches - beautiful white sand beaches with wonderful seashells. Beaches weren't too crowded as you would expect on July 4th (we were there for the entire week). On July 4th the hotel had a free barbecue on the beach which was really very nicely done! The hotel had chairs set up on the beach for the fireworks display, but we enjoyed the sights from our hotel balcony instead.
8. Hotel size - not as big as the Marriott which was appealing to us. Smaller hotel - like a boutique hotel - better service, beautiful lobby and overall look.

Only negative was a toilet that ran if you didn't adjust the handle just the right way back into the original position. Other than that - we were very pleased with the overall experience! I would definitely plan another trip to this hotel with the family. We felt this was one of the best hotels we have stayed at.

Room Tip: Get a high room if you want great views of the Gulf.
1 Thank sharklu
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our resort. I am relieved to hear your son is in good condition and also happy to hear the rest of your stay was enjoyable. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon. Please, give my best wishes to your son and family, and thank you for staying with us.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2013

From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. As has been mentioned on here before, you really do need to have one of the top two or three floors (that's from 10 up to 12) to get the very best view of the beach. We simply put in a request via email before our arrival, and we got a room on the top floor.

Being able to walk straight out of your hotel, across the boardwalk, and onto the beach was great. Dolphins, skimmers and pelicans are ever-present. You can walk all the way around the top of the peninsula, which turned out to be a 5-mile walk, which set us up for breakfast on the balcony on the first morning! Valet parking was far too easy to get used too, and the staff and service provided were both excellent. The room was also excellent, bed was very comfortable and the kitchen area was well stocked with utensils and coffee machine, which was restocked with coffee on a daily basis.

The Everglades are easily accessible and Naples is no more than 20mins away. A very relaxing holiday but also with plenty to do if you want to be active. Can't wait to go back ...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy B
Thank you for staying at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We are glad to hear you would like to come back and visit again. We will be looking forward to your return.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and clean small pool, excellent services in the valet, as well the maid for clean my room, my complaint is there are to many furniture in the suite, I have a one bedroom suite and we can moved free in the room. But the best thing in this hotel is the restaurant Sole Pepe one of the best food I ever had in my life.

Room Tip: floor 10 is the best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review. I have shared your comments with our Valet staff and Sale e Pepe and we would like to thank you for your compliments. We hope to welcome you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#13 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!